Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Cooking Thursday

I'm sharing a family favorite today.  I feel like I say this a lot, but it's easy to make and is so good!  You can make this, put it in the oven and have it on the table in an hour (if your chicken is already cooked and cubed). Easy and good is my favorite type of recipe, so of course it's what I share with you.  :)


White Chicken Enchiladas

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounce can of diced green chilies, with juice
3/4 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
2 cups shredded, cheddar cheese, divided
10 large flour tortillas
1/3 cup milk

Melt butter; add onion and saute. Stir in garlic powder, green chilies, sour cream and soup. Remove 3/4 cup of sauce and set aside. Add chicken and 1/2 cup of cheese. Fill tortillas with chicken mix and roll up. Place in greased 9X13 pan, seam side down.
Add milk and 1/2 cup cheese to remaining sauce. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Serve with green onions, sour cream and salsa if desired.
*I make this with minced onion and skip the butter and sauteing the onion, I also use low fat sour cream and skim milk to keep the calories down and it still tastes great!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari, I cooked 3 chicken breasts in the crock pot this aft. and I've been thinking what to make! Thanks!

Sally said...

Oh my - looks and sounds so good. I'm really glad you post the recipes; you've given several I've made. :)

(P.S. thanks so much for your prayers for Ry, really appreciated)

xoxo

Karen said...

Another one of your recipes I'm copying down to try. Thank you!

Heather said...

I love this recipe! I make it often. I did change it up just a little, though. I use the larger can of chilies, extra sour cream and an extra can of cream of chicken soup. It gives a little extra filling and some extra for the top. So yummy!

Terri D said...

Sounds delicious! I buy fajita chicken (and beef) at Sam's Club. It is cooked and seasoned. One bag makes four freezer packets for us. I use the chicken (and beef) on salad and in soups. I think it would also work perfectly with this recipe too. Thanks for sharing your yummy creations with us!

Changes in the wind said...

mmmmmm this sounds great.

Arlene G said...

Another winner!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love your recipes, and this one is a keeper too!

Patsy said...

Would sure be good on a fall almost winter day here.
Thanks!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds so good! And I love your tips for making it easier and healthier! Thanks for another yummy one Mari! xoxo