Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Living Room re-do

We did a mini remodel on our living room in the last few months.  Last year we got a new couch and love seat, and planned to get new chairs later.  We ordered our chairs before we went on vacation this Fall and had the living room painted while we were gone.  The walls were tan, and we painted them something called Revere Pewter, which is a gray with a hint of tan.

 Here's the love seat.  The pictures over it are old family pictures of our parents and their families.  The big one in the middle is the ship that brought Bob's great grand parents over from the Netherlands, and a copy of where they signed in on Ellis Island.


 
Here's the couch.  I got new curtains from Ikea and Bob made the white side table for me.



 These are our new chairs.  They even recline but don't look like it!



Here's the other wall that isn't done yet.  The arched mirror needs to go up, but needs something to go with it along with that white B.


Here's the whole room looking in from the entry.  It's cozy and comfortable!  We would like to get rid of the carpet and put in wood flooring, but that will have to wait.


This is another project I just finished.  It's in the hallway.  It's an old window we got at a flea market.  I love old, chippy things so this was perfect for putting in pictures of us and the kids.
I'm happy to have the living room almost done, but there are always other projects just waiting!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari, I love your Room. The paint color is gorgeous. I remember when you got the sofas and now the chairs are the perfect addition. I am in the market for a recliner myself. What precious and sentimental photos over the couch and I also love the window with photos added. Great job.

Anonymous said...

p.s. forgot to say what a great job Bob did on the white end table. That is so nice.

Doris said...

Nice! I love moving things around....not something I can do much of anymore. Big pieces of furniture stay put at this house!

Joyful said...

I really like it. How wonderful to have a husband who can make furniture!

Sally said...

Yours and Bobs work really paid off. It looks beautiful! I especially like the pewter color; seems that and light gray are the "in' colors now, not that I can change anything around here. LOL

Very nice, Mari. Thanks for sharing. :)

xoxo

Summer said...

Such a cozy and pretty room ♥

Linda said...

Loveeeee it Mari...hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

Betsy Brock said...

You've been busy! We are wishing our carpet was gone, too......and eventually that will happen! Love that you have the ship and Ellis island photos...very cool!

Sandi said...

It's so clean!

:-)

Love the frames, by the way.

Karen said...

Such a pretty and welcoming room. I really like the window with the photos.

Terri D said...

Mari, your "new" room looks great! I love your new furniture and the color you chose for the walls is really nice. Your groupings are interesting and especially the ship and roster for Bob's ancestors coming to America! What a great keepsake! Thanks for sharing! I love what you did with the old window! You could really start your own HGTV show!! Awesome!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You both did such a good job and it looks very nice, peaceful. I know you are happy to have it 99% done!

Hootin Anni said...

It's beautiful....cozy, relaxing, quiet. A good place you've created!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I LOVE it!! It all looks so nice sweet Lady! I love that wall color and I so love your new furniture and that beautiful photo display!! I think maybe a sweet little shelf - or even pretty mini wreath hanging in a grouping with that mirror and "B" would be lovely. ;)

Wonderful taste indeed. It's so fun to shake it up and get new things sometimes, isn't it? A little pep in the step!

Blessings Mari. xoxo

Cherdecor said...

I recognize the name of your paint on the walls. Grey is the new white and is always a great backdrop for any other color. The paint look so clean and neat. Love it! Those white chairs are the BOMB! I bet you like that they recline also. Love them! You do such a nice job grouping your pictures. Love them! You will continue to appreciate the warm carpet this winter. I will never take the carpet from the bedroom or family room. I like cozy sometimes. It all looks so nice, Mari. You did a great job!

Connie said...

Your room looks very classy...

Sylvia said...

Love it Mari.

White Lace and Promises said...

Mari, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you did! So inviting. I like the idea of the walling hanging of old family photos. I just may have to try that in one of my bedrooms. I love a wall gallery of photos.

Jenny said...

Everything is so pretty and tasteful and cozy. I love everything you did. xoxo

p.s. I read this post last week but my internet was acting up and I wasn't able to comment.