Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

It's Official!

Sunday was the first official day of Spring!  I am thankful that I live in a place that has all four seasons. Each one has it's own beauty along with good and bad points.  I must admit that I'm not too fond of winter, although it can be so pretty.  Bad roads and being cold all the time makes me really appreciate Spring!
So, the snow has melted, and there are a few signs of the season in our yard.  Here's what it's looking like.
 In the front yard are piles of sticks and acorns that came down after the snow fell.  Bob was busy raking and had 4 more piles like this to take care of.



In the side yard, the daffodils popped up.  Soon they'll be blooming!



Speaking of blooms - the crocus are almost ready to open!



 In the back yard, there are lots of things that hung on through the winter.  These red berries provide a nice splash of color.



 The sedum, which were quite a deep red, have faded, but are still pretty.



 Bob will soon be cutting down the grasses to get them ready for now growth, but until then I enjoy their golden beauty.



 These were purple coneflower.  They've gone to seed, and hopefully will start some new plants.




The maple tree is starting to bud!



Here's one last dried flower.
The weather report says there may be more snow falling this week.  I hope they're wrong but  before you know it, new flowers will be popping up and I can't wait!


"As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, 
cold and heat; winter and summer, day and night."
Genesis 8:22 


13 comments:

Terri D said...

Lovely signs of Spring!! Hope the snow doesn't stick and that the flowers bloom soon!

Judy said...

I sure love seeing the signs of spring. Great photos, the snow we got the other day is now gone :)

Linda said...

I was just watching the Weather Channel while getting ready. Yep, more snow, and rain and snow for us as well. Sigh.....I ought not complain, smiles. Have a beautiful week regardless of what the weather might be, Mari.

Doris said...

We didn't get the snow predicted for this past weekend....thank God! It was cold, though. Sun today and gradual warming this week...totally fine with that :)
God bless your week!

Arlene G said...

Spring is showing off here this week...it is absolutely beautiful. Like you, Mari, I am glad we get to look forward to and enjoy the seasons.

Sally said...

Well, as you probably know we have two seasons; hot and cold (but not nearly the cold like you get). I always look forward to spring! I'm afraid this is going to be the year of caterpillar though. They've already started munching on the new growth of the roses. So, like two years ago when I had to do the grasshopper stomp, I guess this one I'll be doing the caterpillar crawl. :)

So pretty at your place already. xoxo

Deb J. in Utah said...

Spring is such a lovely time of year. I love these pictures. Have a good week!

Hootin Anni said...

I like our four seasons here too....mild, beautiful, warm, and hot!!

And tho most don't know it, Corpus Christi HAS had snow!!

Love the Spring flowers, dislike the winter clean-up.

Jenny said...

So beautiful. Everything seems to be at least two weeks ahead of schedule here ... flowers everywhere and pollen like you wouldn't believe. Even Javier glows neon yellow. But tonight ... a low of 37 degrees! Whatcha gonna do? Happy Easter! xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you will have a wonderful spring! xx

Marsha Young said...

Woo hoo ! Right there with you, Mari. Happy Easter. ~ Marsha

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love seeing the hope of Spring! Beautiful photos Mari. ;) Now let's do the keep away snow dance for the rest of the season. Lol xoxo

Just A Southern Girl said...

We'll be heading to the U.S. in May and I'm hoping I don't miss the lilacs! :)