Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Cooking Thursday

I'm sure you've all had Rice Krispy squares.  They are good, but I found a recipe for a special Rice Krispy square with caramel.  I think caramel makes everything better, so I had to try it.  They are very good, but are rich so next time I'm cutting them in smaller squares!


Caramel Stuffed Krispy Treats

Ingredients:
Caramel Filling
14 oz caramel kraft bits
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
8 Tablespoons butter 
 
Rice Krispy Layer
12 Tablespoons butter, halved
10 cups Rice Krispies, halved
8 cups mini marshmallows, split in half
Additional 2 cups mini marshmallows for sprinkling 
 
 Line 9 x 13 pan with nonstick foil.
 
 Caramel
 Microwave the caramel bits, butter and condensed milk until melted and smooth when stirred.
 
Rice Krispy Treats
Microwave 6 T. butter and 4 cups marshmallows just a minute and stir until melted. Stir in cereal and press into pan.
Pour on the caramel.
Sprinkle on the additional 2 cups marshmallows and pop in freezer for 15 minutes.
Use the remaining krispy ingredients and repeat directions.
Press this layer on top of the marshmallows and caramel layer and return to the freezer for 15 minutes.
Switch to the fridge and let set up for a few hours.

10 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Yum...I love caramel....I'll have to try these!

Judy said...

These look very good...I think our grandchildren would love these.

Linda said...

Oh wait, you said caramel, rightttttttttt??? AWESOME!!! Anything with caramel in it is ok by me, giggling. Have a beautiful day friend.

Arlene G said...

Those look yummy!! I am getting so many new recipes from you!!

Heather said...

Wow! Those look fabulous, but I can feel my blood sugar rising just looking at the picture. I better not have those in my house!

Sally said...

Oh mercy - just shoot me now. I have to try those! :)

xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

A delicious combination! xx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my - these could be dangerous! Lol xoxo

Jenny said...

Nooooooooooo

Jenny said...

Just kidding. Duly copied. Somebody is bound to like these. Haaahaahha xoxo