Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing today is for a breakfast casserole.  One of the moms in my MOPS group shared it when it was our turn to bring brunch and everyone loved it.  We served it at the shower we had for our niece.  It's easy to put together and can be made the night before.


Best Breakfast Casserole

24 oz frozen shredded potatoes
salt and pepper
12 eggs
2 C half and half
1 t season salt
1½ C cheddar cheese, grated
1½ C pepper jack cheese, grated
2 C chopped ham, sausage or bacon (cooked)

Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Add the frozen, shredded potatoes to the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together. Then add half and half, season salt, cheddar cheese, pepper jack, and chopped ham.
Pour egg mix over the top of the frozen potatoes. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Bake covered in foil at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

14 comments:

Doris said...

I love an easy breakfast! And pepper jack cheese, yum :))

Terri D said...

This really sounds (and looks) good! We have company coming in another week, so may have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing the yummies!

Arlene G said...

A friend of mine makes this casserole when it is her turn to make something for SS. It is yummy!!

Linda said...

I actually make this quite often...it is fast and easy...thanks Mari...have a beautiful day, friend.

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! Sounds so good!

Cherdecor said...

This is wonderful! I have been looking for a breakfast casserole that does not use bread and this one sounds great! I cannot wait to try it. Thanks Mari!

Phoebes World said...

This looks so simple...and so delicious. Im definitely going to give it a try
Thanks for sharing Mari.
Phoebe x

Patsy said...

I think I will make this for our next class at the pool breakfast.
Thanks

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! I love a good breakfast/brunch casserole. When friends or family are staying the night, it's great to have a hot meal in the morning.

Love the cheese!
Ceil

Amy at love made my home said...

Sounds very good, especially for a group! xx

Betsy Brock said...

Yum...my recipe doesn't have potatoes in it! I'll have to give this a try!

Sally said...

Looks and sounds SO good! I'll definitely make this one day. :)

xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wow do these sound good -and like they'd feed a crowd great! ;) xoxo

Just A Southern Girl said...

This looks sooooo good, and it's something I can make! Woot!