Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Frosty morning

I had Friday off, but had an appointment fairly early in the morning.    When I drove out of the garage I was amazed at the beauty around me.  I took the back roads for a little bit, and had to fight the urge to stop and start hiking into some fields to take pictures.  I did stop on a dirt road, and get some photos near the edge of the road.
It was very cold that morning - only 7 degrees.  There had been a heavy frost, and then a light coating of snow that transformed the world overnight.  Then in the morning, the sky was blue and the sun was shining!
Here's what I'm talking about.


 Look at that bright, beautiful sky!



 The grasses are transformed.



Even the roadside is pretty,



 And those fields are incredible!







Days like this are such a reminder of God's power and majesty!  Who else could transform every branch and every blade of grass?

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"
Psalm 8:3-9

17 comments:

Terri said...

I know - I had to take Chelsea to work that morning - it was absolutely breathtaking with the frost and the fog all over

Bethany Carson said...

Everything looks so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos! We had pretty much all our snow melt over the weekend, and today was shirt-sleeve weather!

Hootin Anni said...

...as you say, incredible transformation into such beauty and tranquility!!

Gorgeous Mari.

Linda said...

Beautiful...I hope you get some warmth...it was 60* here yesterday...today it is suppose to be 65*--something tells me though, winter is not done with us though. Smiles

Arlene G said...

God is so good to give us beauty in each season. I am glad I live in a part of the world where there are seasons. The other day I saw a big patch of daffodils that had just bloomed and it made my heart happy!!

Phoebes World said...

Beautiful photos Mari...I really do miss frosty mornings.
Phoebe x

Patsy said...

That is lovely! Here we are well into Spring.

Sally said...

Beautiful photos, Mari. And, I love the verse also.

xoxo

Beth said...

Gorgeous! I love beautiful snow and it transforms everything! Awesome photos!

Amy at love made my home said...

Very beautiful, but oh gosh so very cold!! I hope that your errand was not to long so that you could stay in the warm after that! xx

LL Cool Joe said...

7 degrees sounds fairly warm to me! :D Beautiful snowy photos!

Turn The Page said...

Gorgeous shots...God's handiwork in all of its glory! Aloha

Doris said...

SO pretty and SO cold!! Spring is not knocking at your door yet, so it seems.

Cherdecor said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. I love how God puts on the dead brown earth a gorgeous coat of white. God can do the same for our lives. When we were dead in sin, he can wash us white as snow. Your scriptures speak to all of us today.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Truly breathtaking Mari! xoxo

Jenny said...

What a sight. It is truly magical, and the way you captured it is magical too. xoxo

Jean said...

I just love when the snow/dew/ice sticks to the trees and branches like that! Hopefully we will not be seeing that again this year though!