Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Cooking Thursday

Today's recipe is one I tried for the first time recently. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy supper.   French Dip sandwiches; roast beef and provolone cheese on biscuits with Au Jus sauce for dipping. You can make these and have them ready to eat in just a little over 30 minutes.  We thought they were very tasty!



Easy French Dip Sandwiches

1 can refrigerated biscuits (16.3 ounces)
1 packet Au Jus Gravy mix
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
8 slices provolone cheese
3 tablespoons mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Mix Au Jus gravy mix as directed on package.
Mix one tablespoon of the Au Jus mix with the 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
Split the biscuits into 2 layers.  Spread the mayo/au jus mix on the bottom half of each biscuit.
Layer the roast beef and provolone cheese on each biscuit and cover with the top half of the biscuit.
Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Heat the Au Jus mix as directed as biscuits are baking.
Serve biscuits warm with Au Jus gravy for dipping.

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have just copied this and will be making it! It looks so good! I just used the last of the roast beef tonight, but I will be making it soon! We love French dip sandwiches! Arby's used to have really good ones, maybe they still do.

Susan said...

I thought it was a smore at first. I guess because we have been making a lot of them for the grands. Your recipe sounds so good. It made me think of when my dad would make us BBQ beef sandwiches when mom had to work late. Thanks for sharing!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Donna said...

Always on the lookout for a good sandwich!! Thanks!
hugs
Donna

Changes in the wind said...

Fast and easy is my style, thanks for sharing.

Debby said...

My mom loved French dip sandwiches. They are so good. I’m going to make these in a few days now that you mentioned it.

Dianna said...

Sounds so 😋

Terri D said...

Sounds and looks delicious! Thanks, Mari!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yum! This is right up my alley - although I love a little creamy horseradish spread with roast beef. Already copied into my recipe file on the computer! Thanks Love. Have a blessed weekend. xo

Mandy said...

I've never tried a french dip sandwich, but these sure do look yummy and easy!

HappyK said...

Yummy! That looks so good!!

Billie Jo said...

Ok. That looks amazing! Saving this one!

Chris said...

My sort of snack, tasty and little effort.. looks good I shall try this.

Catherine said...

Sounds funny to me that word” Au jus” gravy with a French word. Is it meat gravy?
We have jus de viande which could be translated as meat gravy. It sounds good , quick and easy!

Prims By The Water said...

I always make these minus the mayo. Just use the au jus. Janice

Melanie said...

Yum!

Veronica Lee said...

These French Dip sandwiches look delicious and so easy to make! 😋
Perfect for a quick supper.
I'll definitely be trying this soon.

Thanks for sharing, Mari!

Pam said...

that looks yummy

My Tata's Cottage said...

YumYumYum! I need lunch. Hee hee Those look so good.