Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 This recipe is full of a lot of my favorite things!  It's a crock pot meal, southwest flavor, with chicken, black beans, a little spice and cheese.  Yum! And it goes together easily which makes it a winner!
This isn't the best picture because I didn't let the cheese melt before I took it, you'll just have to trust me that it's good.



Southwest Chicken and Rice

4 chicken breasts
1/2 onion, diced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika
3 cups cooked white rice
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Stir together the soup and milk in crock pot and place chicken in it. Top with beans, corn, rotel, paprika, taco seasoning and pepper.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Remove chicken, shred it and return to crock pot.
Stir in the cooked rice and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Allow cheese to melt - about 5 minutes.
When serving, sprinkle remaining cheese over top.

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks wonderful! Wish I had a crock pot.

acorn hollow said...

Sounds very good
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

This sounds good! I am putting it on my "to cook" list!

Donna said...

Thanks Mari!! Looks good...
hugs
Donna

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi MARI - Can you please tell us what is 'Rotel'? Regards. kEV.

Mari said...

Hi Kev - Rotel is a brand of canned tomatoes with chili that is common here in the states.

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, This recipe sounds really good. I think I'll make it this weekend! Thank you for sharing it:)

Dianna said...

That looks delicious, Mari. It's all of our favorite ingredients and most of which I have either canned or frozen. I will definitely give it a try.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I am not one that usually likes Mexican food, but that one looks pretty good!

Pam said...

That sounds good...I not a big chicken eater unless you can cover it up with other stuff...lol

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I just love southwest flavors! This sounds so tasty :)

Catherine said...

Looks very good for an Autumn meal.

Connie said...

Yum, sounds like a hardy cold weather meal. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

happyone said...

Looks good, love crock pot meals.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds yummy! I may have to try that next time. I made some chicken and rice for our church potluck last weekend, and it wasn't as flavorful as your recipe. I think I'd like this better! thanks for sharing it with us!

Terri D said...

Another keeper. This sounds so good!! Thanks, Mari!

Prims By The Water said...

Yummy Yum Yum! Janice

Melanie said...

Hi,Mari. I found your blog through a good friend of mine - Dianna from Joyful in His Presence. I love your Friday funny! Those voices sometimes keep me company! LOL I've copied down your crock pot recipe. It sounds wonderful and I love the Southwestern flavors. Wishing you a Happy Thannksgiving to you and your family.

Debi said...

This looks delicious and like something we would like. Thanks for sharing the recipe!