Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 I've been keeping my eyes open for recipes for Bob to make when I'm working and he's home.  Here's one he made last week. He said I was stretching him with this one, but really, it was pretty easy.  We liked it!


Taco Chili Pie

1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 envelope taco seasoning
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 can corn, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can refrigerated biscuits (8 total)
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir ground beef, taco seasoning and tomato sauce together. Stir in corn and kidney beans.
Spray pie pan with cooking spray.
Open biscuit can and separate them.  Flatten each biscuit into a 3 1/2 inch circle.  Place 6 flattened biscuits around edge of pie pan, and 2 in the middle. Press biscuits together, leaving edges scalloped around edge.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over biscuits, then spread meat mix over cheese.
Place in oven for 25 minutes, then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheese over top.  Place back in oven for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Take out of oven, let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks yummy!!

Susan said...

This sounds good to me!!!

Linda said...

Yum, thanks Mari for sharing. smiles

Terri D said...

Another keeper! I will try this one when my sister is here for Christmas!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow, that looks and sounds amazing! We had taco salad last night with black beans. It was good, but your dish looks more filling and nice and warm!! I may have to try that one!

Suemn said...

This sounds like a fun recipe to make. Ha! Kind of like making a craft only better because you can eat it:)

Catherine said...

I am going to have supper soon and that looks very good!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Ha! Great job Bob! It's good to challenge ourselves, right? Lol This looks and sounds delish! 😋

Romance Reader said...

Looks supper yum. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Lauren said...

That looks delicious! I’ve been looking at recipes today becuase we just bought a Ninja 15 in 1 multicooker. Now I need to figure out all the ways to use it!

happyone said...

Oh boy doesn't that look good!!!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Interesting! Tell Chef Bon I said he outdid himself on that one, hahaa xoxo

Prims By The Water said...

Will need to try this the exception of replacing the kidney beans for pinto beans. Have never been a fan of kidney beans. In my chili I always use chili beans as well. Janice