Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 I have one more new recipe we tried while at the cottage in Traverse City. We always try some fun, new things while there and this is another one that is easy and good! I have to admit to not following the recipe well, so I had some overflow of eggs.  I'll give you the correct way to do it, so you don't have that issue.  :)



Bacon and Egg Crescent Squares

1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls (8 count)
4 eggs
6 slices bacon, cooked
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil or parsley
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lay parchment paper over baking sheet.
Open crescent rolls and divide into 4 rectangles, pinching the perforations together.
Fold up the edges of the dough to provide a side to hold the egg in.
Crack one egg into the center of the dough. 
Sprinkle with parmesan, and salt and pepper.
Break bacon up and sprinkle about 1/1/2 slices over each crescent square.
Sprinkle basil or parmesan over top.
Bake for about 12 minutes until crescents are golden and eggs are done to your preference.


21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

yum, looks so good!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, Mari, that really looks good. I think I'll try it. Thanks for sharing this.

Jan said...

Sounds and looks delicious!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Looks delicious Mari- my kind of any-time edibles - just love bacon & Eggs.

Dianna said...

I will be giving this one a try! It looks delicious. Thanks, Mari.

Sandi said...

Yum!

Jenny the Pirate said...

How cute and fun and delicious! xoxo

Catherine said...

I Must have a try!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I have seen this before and always wondered if it would really turn out. Thanks for being guinea pigs - so now I know it works! 😂 xo

Suemn said...

Yum, this looks really good!

Barbara said...

You can come to my house any time to cook. You have a good sense of what is tasty!

happyone said...

Not a fan of eggs, though I do like scrambled eggs.

Michelle said...

This would be great for supper.

Terri D said...

That really looks good, Mari, even with the over-flow eggs. Thanks for the yummy recipe!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Mari, I fixed this for dinner tonight, and I wanted to tell you that it was delicious. Charly and I both give it 5 stars. I will be fixing it again for sure. Thanks so much for sharing!

Debi said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Kim said...

Now I'm hungry!!

Mandy said...

This looks so easy and so good! I love the recipes you share!

Susan said...

This recipe looks pretty good! I eat eggs every morning. I made a breakfast pizza using crescent rolls. I am not a morning person, so breakfast is usually something simple. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

That looks amazing!

Prims By The Water said...

Another great recipe. Janice