Pages

Monday, May 22, 2023

Kids and some paint...

 I'm a little late in sharing this, but here it is anyway!
I saw this cute idea for a Mothers Day gift. I thought it would be fun to do with our granddaughters for their moms.  It was easy to do and they had fun!

All you need are some linen towels, fabric paint and some foam brushes.


Here's Alaina with her hand painted green.  Ruby is ready to paint her hand, but was telling me the sun was in her eyes.




Bob was helping Cassie put her hands down, leaving a cute little handprint.

Once the handprints are done, you have to let it dry for 24 hours, then turn it over and iron the other side to set the paint.


Alaina and Ruby with their towel for their mom.  Ruby had blue paint, Alaina had green.  I took a black sharpie and wrote their names and the years on the bottom.



Here's Cassie with hers.  She got both red and yellow paint.
Laura and Heather liked them and the kids were proud of their work.



12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is such a cute idea. We did something similar years ago and made a t-shirt for my mother-in-law with the entire family's hand prints. Such a fun Mother's Day gift. Thanks for sharing.

Veronica Lee said...

Love the cute idea!

And such a fun gift for Mother's Day too.

Hugs and blessings, Mari

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are really cool, and something the parents will keep forever!

Suemn said...

What a neat craft idea. It could really be done anytime but it is special as a Mother's Day "forever" gift:)

Jeanette said...

So cute and what a great idea!

happyone said...

A great idea and a special gift.

Catherine said...

Very good idea!

Barbara said...

What a great idea, and such cute granddaughters!

Terri D said...

Mari, it is so fun to see Cassie joining in on one of your amazing crafting projects! A great gift for Mother's Day and one that will be treasured, I'm sure!! xo

Jenny the Pirate said...

That's a precious keepsake, and so easy! I am going to remember that for Dagny and Rhett next year. xoxo

Pam said...

Cute idea. Might even be one that I will do for my daughter for Christmas with her two granddaughters. I remember years, ....lol.....lots of yrs ago but mom had my kids do that on a shirt for me. Sweet memories.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Cute idea.