Pages

Monday, May 1, 2023

Art Show

 Every year the school that Alaina and Ruby go to has an art show.  It includes kids from Kindergarten to 12th grade.  There are several kids chosen from each class to have their work displayed.  It's fun to go through and see the art from the littlest kids, to some of the work from the high school students.
Alaina and Ruby were excited that their art would be part of it and wanted us to come see it - and of course we were thrilled to be there!


Here's Alaina and Ruby with their art teacher. 



A 4th grade art work of the 3 little pigs.



Some high school ceramic pieces



Cute little birds from a kindergartener.



We saw this suspicious looking character peering at us through some of the art pieces.  (It's Aaron...)




A high schooler's pencil sketch





High school senior's ceramic bunny






Another high school students work.  This is apparently a character on a tv show that I don't watch. I was really impressed by the details on this drawing.





Here's Alaina with her flower.  It's got some metallic raised areas on it.




And here is Ruby with her African pot which is a painted piece.

It was a fun night.  It's interesting to see the talents some of these kids have at a young age, and it's always fun to support our girls!

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Alaina's flower is beautiful! And Ruby's pot is so wonderfully proportioned with the design, I could not do that myself. That high schooler who drew the actor from a T.V. show is amazingly talented! I love looking and snapping at the school art shows, and you did a great job!

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a fun event. Wow, that school has some very talents young people as students! So glad you could attend with your granddaughters! I hope your week is going well.

DUTA said...

Lovely pieces of art! The Art Show displays the works of a lot of young talents, your grandaughters among them.

R's Rue said...

What great art. I love it.

Jeanette said...

What a great show and what talented kids! Love Alaina and Ruby's art! That sketch is of Jesse in Breaking Bad and is incredible!

Catherine said...

They are all beautiful and they all are talented! I’m glad you had a nice time with the girls.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love seeing the creative and artistic talents of kiddos too. Many wonderful pieces at that show! And I LOVED Alaina's and Ruby's pieces best of all. ;)

Terri D said...

The Student Gallery at the Museum where I worked is my favorite gallery. The kids are SO talented and really have no fear to express themselves. I love the work that your sweet Alaina and Ruby contributed. Awesome art and I am applauding their pieces!!

Suemn said...

Oh my gosh... every one of those art pieces beat what I can do.

happyone said...

The sketch of the little girl is fantastic!!!
I can't believe the drawing of the man is a drawing. Looks like a photograph!!! Would never have known it was a drawing if you didn't say so. WOW

Pam said...

Being an artist, I have to say, I always say that "art needs to be welcomed in a childs life". Being I did not realize I could paint I was 42, I say, "art needs to be welcomed in an ADULTS life"....lol

Kim said...

I love the local student art shows. Our library will often feature the works of different grade levels and it's impressive. It's such a shame that so many schools are cutting art/ music programs, sharing teachers among buildings and cutting electives. I think it's one of the most important aspects of k-12 education. So nice to see it's going strong in your neck of the woods.

Sally said...

How delightful! I love Alaina and Ruby's art! :)

Sure do miss those days, Mari. Maybe someday, things will settle here, and we can once again participate seeing the little's artwork on the walls of their school. :)

xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

Your girls have artistic ability in their DNA so it's no surprise that their work was on display. Having zero artistic talent myself, I am always amazed at the talent of kids of all ages. Amazing. xoxo