Pages

Monday, December 5, 2022

Girly Sleepover

We had our girlies overnight Friday night.  Laura and Aaron dropped them off at my work and we met Bob for supper.


On the way home we stopped at a house not too far from ours that has a light show every year.  You can tune your car radio to a station and the lights change with the music. It's pretty impressive in person.





Alaina had found this wig that was from the Frozen movie,  and took it along to show us.







Bob tried it on too, but we liked Alaina's look better!   :)





We worked on a fun project; making snowflakes with paper bags. Here's Ruby gluing some bags together.




After they were glued, you cut the end into a point or round it off, then cut some designs out of the side.



Then you open it all the way and glue the last 2 bags together - and you have a beautiful 3D snowflake!



We did some with white, some with brown bags.  Each one is different.




So cute!





The next morning, we did another craft.  We shaved crayons and then put the shavings into a clear glass ball ornament.











When the shavings were inside, you use a blow dryer to melt them, while moving the ornament around.





Here's what they look like when done.




We stopped at my Dads house to check on him, when bringing them home.

The girls brought them a snowflake to hang on their fireplace mantle.










Great Grandpa and Grandma are always happy to see the girls, and the girls really like seeing them too.

19 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

You are such a fun grandma. I love the craft ideas! I think Bob looks great with long gray hair. Maybe he should start a rock band too. ;-) Have a good week.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The girls always look so happy to be at your house. And you find the BEST crafts! Where did you get the directions for the snowflakes? I would like to make them with our granddaughters. They are gorgeous! And so are the ornaments; they are for sure family keepsakes. What a blast you had with the wig!

Debby said...

What adorable art projects. How fun for all of you and the wig on your husband is pretty funny!

Mari said...

I first saw this on Instagram, but here is a blogpost that gives instructions on making the snowflakes.
https://makinglemonadeblog.com/diy-paperbag-snowflakes-easy-diy-christmas-decoration/

Also - I ordered smaller sized white and kraft bags from Amazon. They were reasonably priced and easier to work with than the big lunch bags.

Susan said...

I love the snowflakes and ornaments you made!!!

Hootin Anni said...

Love the snowflakes & ornaments, but Bob and the wig is a show stopper!!!

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness! I am saving these ideas! I love them. What fun the girls have when they visit. Have a cozy day, my friend.

Sandy said...

What fun. The snow flakes are amazing. And the crayon ornaments look fantastic. What fun activities and memories you will all have. Bob look great in the wig, lol.
Sandy's Space

Jeanette said...

What great Christmas crafts! I might be able to do the ornament one with the grandsons this weekend. I don't think their ready for a hot glue gun yet!

Suemn said...

What fun crafts! So nice to see the girls visiting with Anne and your dad.

DUTA said...

Gorgeous girls! Their photos with the two elderly of the family, are heart-warming!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

The most fun grandparents around! I agree, that look isn't working for Bob. 😂 And I always LOVE to see what you gals are going to craft next! It's so nice to see your Dad and Anne are doing well. Blessings on the rest of your week ahead. xoxo

Debi said...

I love the crafts you do with the girls. I've seen those snowflakes and love them. Might give them a try with my big boys!

Henny Penny said...

Oh, when I saw "sleepover" I just had to stop by. It's always so much fun to be with you four. I want to come and make a few of those big snow flakes. Aren't they prety! You and Bob are the best grandparents! You have a very sweet Dad and step-mom too.

Jenny the Pirate said...

The crafts are wonderful. I just recently saw the paper bag snowflake one although I gather it has been around forever (I'm always the last person in the Western Hemisphere to catch on to a trend, haha) ... and the crayon shavings in the clear ornaments are just great. So pretty! Dagny would love that. I saw one where you cut a pretty ribbon the exact number of inches of the child's height, and stuff that ribbon into the ornament then make a tag saying what year it was and how tall the child was. So cute! Just like Bon rocking that white wig. Brilliant and you can tell him the pirate said so, haaaahaaaaa xoxo

Terri D said...

Oh, Mari!! So very, very special!! You always have the most fun crafts for the girls to do and I just love the photos with the great-grands! So full of love. xo

Beth Cotell said...

Those snow flakes are so cool!

Catherine said...

I used to make snow flakes for Xmas. I love Bob’s new hair style!
( I found a place in a retirement home for my mother she is going to settle tomorow)

Kim said...

I want to come to your house for holiday fun!! You guys do it right.