Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Cooking Thursday

Last week I made bread to go with our supper and decided to try something new to go with it.  We like to go to Texas Roadhouse, and love their rolls and cinnamon butter.  I found a recipe for copycat Texas Roadhouse Butter, so I tried it.  It's very quick to mix together and we both thought it was really good.  We thought it had more of a honey flavor than the butter at the restaurant, but it was very good and I'll be making it again.

Cinnamon Butter

1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
1/4 cup liquid honey
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
In a medium bowl, beat butter, honey, sugar and cinnamon until smooth. 
Add salt and beat until smooth. Taste and adjust salt, honey, and cinnamon to your preferences.

12 comments:

Joyful said...

The butter sounds yummy, especially on home made bread.

Laurel Wood said...

I will have to try this. Thanks so much.

Hootin Anni said...

Lol...when we go to Roadhouse, I always ask for REAL butter. I don't care for the cinnamon margarine they have. It's margarine & not butter. Your homemade bread looks fit for a king!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

My bunch would love that so will have to give it a try. The bread looks good too!

Beth Cotell said...

That looks so gooooooood!!!! Nothing beats bread and honey butter. Yum!

Kerin said...

Homemade bread is just the best, and your bread looks especially delicious!

I'm proofing bread right now, and I think I shall make this honey~butter recipe to try...thanks!!

Smiles :)
~K.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am going to try this for sure! I want to make some bread in my bread machine this week and this will be the perfect addition!

Sally said...

Oh, yes! I'm gonna try this. Thanks, Mari!

xoxo

Terri D said...

I have seen this recipe before. We love Texas Roadhouse yeast rolls and that butter too! You know, I never have unsalted butter in the house. I Googled it a few days ago, actually, and was told to just reduce the amount of salt called for by 1/4 tsp. if you use salted butter instead. So perhaps we could just not add any salt to this recipe if we use salted butter. Thanks for sharing!

Debi said...

I love the RH cinnamon butter. We don't go there often because the acoustics are horrible and you can't have a decent conversation but you can certainly hear everything that goes on all around! I'm going to have to try the butter, thanks for sharing the recipe!

Jean said...

I love that butter so much!! And the loaf of bread is beautiful!! When in the world do you find the time to make bread??

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh dear me ... did you REALLY just tell me how to make Texas Roadhouse cinnamon butter? I don't need to know that. But I'm going to copy the recipe just in case. Thanks a lot! Haahaaha xoxo