Pages

Monday, May 25, 2020

A little Texas in Michigan

One of my favorite things to do is drive around on country roads, preferably gravel and see what I can find.  Heather also enjoys this, so when we went to Holland to see tulips the other day, we took the slow way home, turning on roads we never drive on usually.
There are a lot of farms in our area, so we see a lot of cows out in pastures.  But, on this day we saw a type of cow that isn't common around here.


Texas Longhorn!  I don't know about the black one, but it's a big one!








We stopped on the side of the road and checked them out. They are pretty amazing animals!

15 comments:

Terri D said...

Wow! They are amazing animals, Mari! How fun to see them in person, posing for you!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Interesting. Hope you are doing well and that the flooding in your area is receding quickly. Have a good week!

Hootin Anni said...

Aren't they magnificent critters? And such lovely greenery for the backdrop!

Laurel Wood said...

Wonderful pictures. We enjoy taking "new to us" roads also to see what we can discover.

Arlene G said...

We have some long horn cattle just up the road from Grimmwood. They are a sight for sure.

Changes in the wind said...

A bit of a surprise I am sure.

Linda said...

WOW! The one cow is huge! grin. Thanks for sharing.

The Liberty Belle said...

Oh, we're kindred spirits! I love long rides along country roads too. You took some really nice snaps of the Texas Longhorn and friends.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow, what great pictures of the cows. I've never seen longhorns before.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

How fun to find these incredible Texas longhorns in your state! I too, enjoy going down gravel or logging roads. You just never know what view you might get to enjoy! Many blessings to you :)

Henny Penny said...

Oh, I love cows! These are beautiful, aren't they. That looks like a huge black bull in the first picture. Can you inagine being chased by one of these. You get such good pictures.

Sally said...

Well! Now I can officially say "I almost saw a longhorn"

Great photo's, Mari. There is some so very special about rides in the country. :)
xoxo

Jean said...

I don't think I have ever seen that kind in a meadow. Wow, those are some long horns!!

Terra said...

I have always admired Texas Longhorns, great photos.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Boy, I'll say! TG would have gone nuts over this. Hook 'em Horns! xoxo