Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Bowling with Grandpa and Grandma

The grandkids always have a hard time trying to come up with a gift idea at Christmas for my Dad and stepmom.  They have everything they need, so this year, one of them came up with the plan to all go out bowling.  Dad and Ann bowl three times a week and love it, so this was perfect.  Spending time with the whole group of them is what they like best.  They took them out for supper afterward.
All the grandkids were there, except my Andy and Nikki who are in Kentucky, and also Cheri's daughter Halle, who was planning on it, but sprained her ankle playing soccer in the morning and ended up at urgent care.  She was able to make it to the restaurant for supper.



Image may contain: 12 people, including Terri DeWeerd Mulder, Aaron Ras, Andrew Scott, Heather Scott, Chelsea Mulder, Nick Battjes, Anna Battjes and Laura Ras, people smiling








 Here's Aaron helping Alaina and Ruby bowl.


 I think bowling shoes look cutest on little feet.



Dad with his little sweethearts.


Alaina got a strike!


I love Dad and Ann's relationship with the girls. They both love them, and the girls love them back!

After bowling, they went out to supper and our daughter Heather had made up awards for highest and lowest bower.  Laura got lowest, but in her defense, Ruby had bowled her first game.  Ann did the best, with Dad a close second.  Ann will be 90 in June, and Dad will be 88 in March.  I think they both do amazingly well.

Everyone had a great time and they plan to do this again.

11 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a fun time for all and I think it is great they are still out going and doing.

Arlene G said...

What a great idea. I am in awe of your parents still bowling three times a week. Good for them.

Jenny said...

Good grief! I'm impressed at Dad and Ann. Bowling three times a week and being good at it, at nearly 90? I wouldn't be any good at it now. Ruby is the spitting image of her father! xoxo

Jennifer Hays said...

This is such a nice idea. I'm glad you all had fun!

Terri D said...

How fun!! Great exercise and lots of fun!!

Dianna said...

Just so amazing how your dad and stepmom can still go out and bowl at their age. I love it and hope that I can do the same if I live that long. :) Yay for Alaina getting a strike! I'd pick her as my bowling partner...it would definitely help my score. :)

You are blessed, my friend. xx

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a fun and creative gift! I am sure that your dad and step mom loved it!

Doris said...

Wow, they are amazing! Great gift!

Jean said...

Like everyone else I am amazed by those two!!!! I want to be like them when I grow up!

Bowling really is a fun family activity!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a great idea! And it sure looked like it was a lot of fun. ;)

LL Cool Joe said...

What a great Christmas gift, much better than stuff they already have and don't need. Giving them all your time is far nicer.