Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

One last party!

We had our party for my family on Saturday.  As usual, there was lots of fun and laughter!

It was a full house!  We started the evening with pizza, then played a game before opening gifts.


Of course, the girls loved opening gifts.  The funny thing was that Alaina opened hers right up, but Ruby was very careful, untying the strings and pulling the paper off slowly.



The grandkids came up with a brilliant idea for my Dad and step mom.  They bowl 3 times a week and love it.  So, all the kids are going to take them out bowling and for supper in January.  They both loved it.



A funny tradition we have is Santa letters.  If someone has "misbehaved" during the year, they may get a letter from Santa with a little gift that adds to the letter.  These letters usually go to the men, because they are the naughtiest, and also because we girls are usually the elves! Imagine my surprise when the first letter came to me! I haven't mentioned this, but I hurt my knee in November and have been wearing a brace.  I'm supposed to be doing limited walking and standing so it can heal.  I must admit that I'm not a very good patient and I don't like to ask other people to do things for me.  So, Santa sent me a letter telling me to listen to Bob and the Dr...  and I got a book titled "Little Miss Stubborn".  Tucked into my gift was a book for my sister Terri titled "Little Miss Chatterbox" which was pretty fitting.


Laura also got a gift from Santa.  She's has a history with these gifts, probably because she's so easy to tease. She has a thing about possums, she doesn't like them and a few years ago, she got a possum skin from Santa.  This year she got mug that looks plain white until you put something hot in it - then a possum shows up!


The last Santa gift was a little book for my sister Cheri.  She got a letter warning her not to get in the way of other peoples gift giving joy.  I don't know if you've heard of the book - The Wonky Donkey?  Last month, both Laura and Heather had found that book for me to read to the girls, and before they could give it to me, Cheri had found the book and given it to me.  So, she got her own book.


The Very Merry Cheri!  Laura did this, had a whole story line with rhyming words including a spot where she fell and had a 'Shiney Heinie!"
Yes, we laughed some more.


 Ruby had such fun with her Operation game.


Alaina is showing great Grandma how to do this craft.
We had such a fun evening.  Dad is 87 and Ann is 88 and we are thankful for each Christmas we have with them.

13 comments:

Arlene G said...

I would love to have been at your party Mari!! Looks like so much fun!

Hootin Anni said...

Terrific! Loved the pictures & Santa letters.

Now stay off your feet more often or Cupid might have something to say!

Linda said...

I want to be adopted into your family, giggling...smiles

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Another fun time. You have such good things to do with family and friends. I agree with Hootin'Anni, stay off your feet and let that knee heal!

Changes in the wind said...

What a fun time for all, young and old.

Doris said...

Oh the FUN!!

Henny Penny said...

Now this sounds like a fun Christmas! I love when ALL the family gets together for Christmas. Ruby and Alaina are always dressed so nice. I love their outfits.

Dianna said...

Can you imagine enjoying bowling at the ages of 87 and 88! Wow! What wonderful examples you have before you. Love that your family has so much fun together. That is so precious this day and age. Still praying for that knee...now I know to pray for you to listen to Bob and the doctor! ~wink~

Terri D said...

How fun!! Those Santa letters are such a cute idea! So sorry you hurt your knee. I agree with Santa... take care and heal!! Those girls, as always, are adorable!

Jenny said...

Oh dear. Y'all are a bunch of nuts. In a good way, haaahaha. Tell Laura that years ago, when we lived in East Tennessee, we had a retaining wall out back and every night, from my bedroom windows I could see a possum walking along there. He'd activate the motion light on the back deck and just mosey along. I named him Billy T and when I saw him I'd say "Consider the Possum Billy T" and laugh myself silly. xoxo

Debi said...

You have a very fun family! Loved all the Santa gifts.

Jean said...

What a fun-tastic time!!! My family is too far flung to get together at Christmas, so we have to have all our fun and crazy times in smaller gatherings or in the summer when we get together. I just loved everything about your evening together!

Cherdecor said...

What a fun Christmas party! I would love to read the book Laura made and wrote. You girls are something else!