Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Ruby and Grandma's day out!

Last Fall I took Alaina out for a day of fun together.  Ruby was very sad that she didn't get to go, and I told her I would take her out sometime too.  Well, months have gone by, and I thought I better do it soon, before Alaina was out of school.
Last week we had our day of fun.

When we got in the car she told me she was going to miss her mom, "cause I love her 100-500-20 much"!  But she didn't want to go back home.   I asked her where she wanted to go for a fun day and she informed me that "the only places I really love to go are Playworld and Old McDonalds".  Well, Playworld wasn't on my list for the day, and it was too early for lunch, so we made our first stop at the dollar store.

Shopping is so fun!  It was hard to choose, but she found a Barbie doll to take home for Alaina, and a tea set for herself.   Then, at the checkout lane there were some light up bracelets that we had to take too.  Such deals!


Then we looked for a place to get lunch.  She was still set on McDonalds.  I told her there were none right near us, and she said "how about Mickey D's?"  Funny kid!  Of course, we went to McDonalds.
We picked up lunch and went to Aunt Heathers house to eat with her.

 Going to Aunt Heathers has the bonus of getting to see Oliver!



Then it was lunch time.  When I asked what she wanted she told me she was allergic to chicken, but then said she wanted chicken nuggets.  When I asked about her "allergy" she said it got stuck in her teeth.  :)
She enjoyed the lunch and visit, and then we headed to the mall.


 The mall is so fun!  You can ride the escalator...



and you have to ride the elevator!  This one is extra fun because it's glass and you can see through it while you ride.


We did a little shopping and found a cute short set for her and one for Alaina too.  At the check out she informed the saleslady that she had a dog that died, and asked the lady "What do you think our dogs name was?"  She then informed her "it was Sophie and we weally miss her!"  (Sophie has been gone for about 6 months now)  The saleslady told her she had a dog too.  Ruby thought we should go to her house and see it, and told me we could just follow her home.  :)

After shopping it was time to head to the fun area!

She had great fun riding this helicopter ride.


and of course, we had to ride the Carousel!  She didn't want to ride a horse, she chose a pig.  And because it was going fast, and also going up and down she said it was flying!  So Jenny, you know your famous saying - "When pigs fly?"  I think it happened!

I took a pic of the two of us in the mirror of the carousel.



 Then it was time for one more treat.  I got her a little bowl of ice cream.  She chose cherry because it was pink, but then wasn't to sure about the cherries in it!


A happy ice cream face.



When we got to the parking lot, she spotted a dead worm in a puddle next to our car.  She wanted to pick it up, but I told her she should just look at it.  She didn't think she could see it very well, so I told her to kneel next to it to see it. She wondered what it was doing, maybe finding something to eat, or getting a drink or trying to go somewhere.  It didn't phase her one bit that it wasn't moving.
When I put her in her car seat she said "thank you Grandma for letting me see the worm".

It was time to go home.  My ears were tired, but my heart was full!

20 comments:

Connie said...

My goodness she is adorable and I know that you had a wonderful time together. Children are so in tune to everything around them . . . every little moment with them can make you realize how much we take for granted . . . life is for enjoying. We can all take a lesson from them. :)

Saleslady371 said...

Ruby is so animated and comes up with funny ideas! Her expressions tell it all! So funny that she suggested you follow the saleslady home to see her dog. Ha! Oh, what a delight. It will be fun when she's all grown and reads Grandma's blog one day.

Joyful said...

Ha, ha, what a fun day with Ruby. I chuckled at all the things she said to you. It was a very full day so I'm sure you need a rest now :-)

Vicki said...

What a fun day! Ruby sure is cute, and there's nothing like spending time with your grandkids!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Ruby is just precious and I know you had fun with her....she is at a perfect age....curious. She is so funny and her mind just races. I know what you mean about being tired....they do wear us out at times, but it is worth every minute.

Jean said...

Oh Mari, what a girl!!! I smiled the whole way through this post! I cracked up at the suggestion that if you couldn’t go to Old McDonalds then how about Mickey D’s?

Arlene G said...

What a fun day...memories that will stay with Ruby of the fun times she had with you. And she is just a hoot...she was determined to eat at McDonalds.lol

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. I love when you share the cute things she says. Priceless memories.

Changes in the wind said...

What a great memory you made with her. Love her ice cream face with her dimples.

Jennifer Hays said...

Wow, such a nice day together. You are the loveliest grandparents, with all you do for those little girls, and I can tell how much they love and appreciate you and Bob.

Terri D said...

"My ears were tired, but my heart was full." Well said, Mari!! That actually says it all. Ruby is adorable - always and forever!

Sally said...

Oh my goodness, that Ruby; such a delightful little thing. She has a great heart getting a doll for Alaina. The things she says are priceless! I just love both of your granddaughters, Mari. :)

xoxo

Michelle said...

Awwww....she is a doll. She and I have the same chicken allergy. lol

Laura said...

She's our Ruby, lol! Even when the worms are still dried up on the ground they still want to pick them up and see them!

Dianna said...

Mari, you are such a wonderful grandma. And I understand about your ears being tired but your heart full. It is a most wonderful feeling. I had to chuckle at Ruby thanking you for letting her see the worm...especially after all of the other things you'd done. :)

Henny Penny said...

This is adorable! I had to laugh. I can just picture the two of you and all the sweet questions and comments. The funniest thing (like Dianna said) was Ruby thanking you for letting her see the worm, after all the fun things you had done.

Cherdecor said...

Ruby is just the sweetest little girl! When she told you about her allergy, I laughed out loud. She cracks me up!

Jenny said...

Your ears were tired .... haaahahaha I hear you. Dagny NEVER STOPS talking. She's currently obsessed with bubbles. In the tub, in the sink, constantly. Ruby has such original ideas. She and Dagny would get along famously concerning anything that's pink, including ice cream. Nice day out, ladies. Good job! xoxo

Jenny said...

Oh and yes ... I saw that airborne swine. See? They do exist. xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

Haha, Ruby sounds like such a character. It looks like she had a lovely time out with you, I bet you were exhausted after you dropped her off! :D