Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Cooking Thursday

Today I'm sharing one of our favorite summer desserts.  It's a winner in so many ways!  It's got ice cream, chocolate and oreo's in it, it can be made ahead of time, it's so easy, it's so good, and it has stood the test of time!   I remember my mom making this when I was still in school, and that's been a lot of years.  You can choose the ice cream flavor you like.  I usually use Mackinaw Island Fudge, but I've also used cookies and cream, coffee, mint...  Try it out - I am sure you will like it.


Oreo and Ice Cream Dessert

24 oreo cookies
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 gallon softened ice cream, flavor is up to you
Topping: 6 squares semi sweet chocolate
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 and 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
Crush oreo cookies with filling. Mix with melted butter. Press into 9x13 pan and freeze. Spread softened ice cream on top of crust. Freeze until hard. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for topping and cook until thick. Let cool completely. Spread on top of ice cream and freeze.



12 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

What a sweet dessert. I would love a piece right now!

Karen said...

This looks fabulous, Marie.

Joyful said...

Sounds and looks good.

Jenny said...

Mercy. xoxo

Anonymous said...

So tempting for a hot weekend!

Linda said...

YUM!!!! Smiles

Dianna said...

Everything I love all in one dessert! :) I'll be giving it a try. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Jennifer Hays said...

I could definitely get behind a recipe like this! :)

Terri D said...

This sure sounds like a crowd pleaser! I wonder how you could use semi-sweet chips instead of the squares? How much? I always have the chips in the cupboard. Thanks, Mari!!

Vicki said...

Sounds so good and easy. Pinned it!

Patsy said...

I bet it is so good, got to make a lemon pie
today for the Bennie.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh hello lover! I am SO stealing this recipe. My crew will go bananas for this. Thanks for sharing!! xoxo