Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing today is one you have to try.  It involves cream cheese so you know it's good! I've been making it for years, and have been asked to pass on the recipe many times.  Hope you enjoy it too!



Chocolate Streusel Bars


1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup cold butter
1- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 -14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until crumbly (mixture will be very dry). Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture and press remainder on bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake 15 minutes. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well. Pour over prepared crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over cheese mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly. Cool and chill. Cut into small squares and store in refrigerator.

14 comments:

Joyful said...

It does look yummy!

Hootin Anni said...

Delicious....and also, LOVE your Wordless Wednesday [as long as I'm indoors where it's warm. lol]

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

oh my, that looks and sounds deeeeeelicious! I copied the recipe and will try it very soon. Thanks for sharing.

Beth Cotell said...

OH my! I wish I had a piece of this right now for breakfast! :)

Doris said...

I make something similar, or maybe it's the same recipe. I've made it gf by using my flour....and it's VERY good!!

Changes in the wind said...

I am not a sweet eater but this does look yummy.

Arlene G said...

I need a piece of that yumminess right now!!

Karen said...

You temptress! I'm trying to stay away from desserts, LOL. This looks similar to a family recipe that was called The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford.

Sally said...

Oh for crying out loud, Mari!! Ok, that's just something we say here. :)

Seriously, I would like that about now! Thankfully, I don't have cream cheese at the moment though. :)

xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Sweetie! Finally catching up with your posts this week. ;) Hope it's been a great one so far! These look SO good. I think cream cheese is pretty much a staple ingredient in the midwest - don't you? Lol

Blessings to you Mari my Girl! xoxo

shayndel said...

I agree about the cream cheese!! Looks Delicious.
Putting a bookmark and hope to try it, definitely looks like a dessert my daughter will like !! Blessings!♡

Stephanie said...

This looks amazing, my friend! Thank you for the delicious recipe :)

Happy weekend to you. Hugs!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Oh dear. I won't be able to resist this one. Thanks, Mari xoxo