Pages

Monday, November 13, 2017

Turkey Pumpkin!

I got something cute in the mail last week from my friend Jenny at 'I'm Having a Thought Here'.  She had shown some pictures of a cute turkey that had a pumpkin body and wooden feathers. She put it together with her adorable granddaughter. I left a comment that I'd never seen one before and how cute it was.  The package I got in the mail was the turkey kit, with instructions to put it together with Alaina and Ruby.
This weekend, I got the chance to do that.



 Here's the kit, and the pumpkin, ready to get started.



 Here's the girls, getting the pieces ready.




Alaina putting one of the feathers into the pumpkin.



Ruby takes a turn too.



Here's their cute pumpkin turkey.  They were so excited about this!  Thanks Jenny!

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is so cute! What a fun Thanksgiving decorations that the kids can make! I love it. How nice of your blog friend to send it to you!

Terri D said...

Those girls are just THE CUTEST!! What a great gift and project!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable and a perfect project for your sweet little granddaughters. A very thoughtful gift.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So cute.....the pumpkin and the girls too!

Sandi said...

You have great patience! :)

Saleslady371 said...

I like it. It's simple and a less frustrating craft for the wee ones...and us!

Linda said...

That is so cute!!! smiles

Arlene G said...

The turkey is cute but the girls are cuter!!

Changes in the wind said...

Cute, simple, and fun.

Karen said...

So cute in their matching jammies:)

Jenny said...

Awwww I'm so glad A and R enjoyed making a turkey pumpkin. It's so festive although the turkey does appear a trifle concerned, haaahaha xoxox and Happy Thanksgiving!

Laura said...

They love it so much! Although it is so, so hard to not pull his feathers out and move them around!! ;)

Jennifer Hays said...

That is so cute. I think my kids would love it but I bet I'd find the pieces all moved around every day. Even my 12-year-old would be playing Mr. Potato Head with the pumpkin. :)

Cherdecor said...


So cute and safe for the girls to use. Adorable!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What fun for the girls to do this and how sweet of your friend Jenny to send them this turkey pumpkin kit! I love the sweet smiles on their face as they showed off their handsome turkey pumpkin!

Henny Penny said...

You can't look at this last picture without smiling. They are so cute!

Sally said...

How very cute! The girls did an excellent job. I always love seeing them and what they're up to. :)

xoxo