Pages

Sunday, November 5, 2017

A day in my life - November

We had such a warm Fall here, that it doesn't seem possible that November has arrived!  We did have some snow on the 31st though, so I guess it really is here.

I was up at 6, walked on the treadmill, got ready and was at work shortly before 8.


Here's my desk at work; the computer is on and ready for the day.


On Wednesday, our Physician Assistant comes for the afternoon.  He sees our new admissions, anyone who has something going on, goes over lab results and does other paperwork.  I get the list of people together, get charts and paperwork ready and have it ready for him when he arrives.
I had this all ready, but then got a call shortly before noon that his Dad had passed away unexpectedly and he wouldn't be coming.  That put a pall on the afternoon.
I had lots of other work to do, and continued with that.


We had a nurse call in for the afternoon shift and I was asked to stay late and help with the supper med pass, so I went to the floor around 3 to do that.  Someone came in to relieve me at 5 and I headed home.


It had been a dreary day, and it was still pretty gray outside as I drove home.  However, some of the trees had a nice bit of color to enjoy!



 Bad news!  When I got home and went to empty my pockets, I found that I had taken the keys home.  These are the keys for the med cart, the med rooms..., not something they can be without, so it was back into the car and back to work.  I'm glad I'm not too far from my work!



We had chicken noodle soup for supper.  Here's a tip for you...   this soup is from Costco.  It's their rotisserie chicken noodle soup.  It's so good, and I don't think I could make it for the price they sell it at.   And after a long day at work, it's nice to just have something to heat and eat.




Bob left after supper to go to a class at church and I worked on my Bible study, which is very good.  Who would have thought the book of Numbers could be so interesting?


After that I settled in to watching Survivor, which is one of my favorites,
All in all, not a bad start to the month!

21 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Looks like another busy day! What a pain that you had to go back to work to return the keys.

Joyful said...

Sounds like you had a good day despite taking the keys from work. We had our snow yesterday but only a few big flakes. Nothing stayed down below yet. It is far too early for now here. We used to get it in January. Last year it came in late November early December and stayed for quite some time which is also unusual.

Linda said...

It has def. been an odd start of the season. It has been raining for days now and I see the temps will drop dramatically today.

What a bummer about the keys and condolences to the PA for the loss of his dad.

Hootin Anni said...

Other than having to go back with the keys...the day sounds pretty good. I've had rotisserie chicken soup. It IS good!

Arlene G said...

When I was a student I went back to the dorm with the narcotic box keys....I headed right back!! Glad you are close to your work. Your desk looks very neat and organized!!

Anonymous said...

I see your sweet granddaughters' pictures on your bulletin board. So cute. Glad you did not have too far to drive back to return keys. Thanks for the tip about the soup. Lovely colors along your drive, also.

Changes in the wind said...

That soup looks sooooo good. Glad you didn't have to do a lot of cooking after a big day of work.

Saleslady371 said...

It's funny about your Numbers study comment, I wondered "Is that the book of Numbers she's studying?" Haven't seen too many study books there!!! Love your desk at work--so cheerful. When mom was alive, she loved the chicken rotisserie from Costco. I'm not a member, but they have some great deals. Have a great week!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Glad you live close to work, and could get the keys back to them. The soup looks so good. Costco has a lot of good food, already ready! Hope the new week is easy, less complicated.

Maggie Ann said...

I enjoyed your blog post...and you sound so cheerful and upbeat, you are a good fit for your job it sounds like. a good thing for sure =}

Karen said...

The tree on the right looks perfect for climbing! I'll have to put the Costco soup on my grocery list.

Terri D said...

The soup looks great! We don't have a Costco close by. I think Orlando would be the closest. I've never seen anything like that at Sam's Club. I always enjoy reading your Day In My Life posts! It is hard to believe November is here already. Holidays, here we come!

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! Oy, I have also brought home med keys, paper towel keys...you name it. I always feel like such an airhead. I'm glad you do it too!
That soup looks perfect for a day like today, it's dark and cold out. Don't you just love doing some quiet bible study? Just you, the Word and the Spirit. Loved the mental photo I got of you settling in to learn more about the Lord whom you love so well.
Have a great week!
Ceil

Laura said...

That soup looks great! Aaron is always on the hunt for a great chicken noodle soup - and I'm always on the hunt for a an easy dinner! :)

Michelle said...

Whew! You had a busy day. I know what you mean about a good, reliable supper after a long day at work.

Dianna said...

You had a long day...and then to have to go back in to take the keys back. You are a blessing. xx

Betsy Brock said...

Another busy day! Glad you noticed the keys and you don't live far from work!
That soup sounds great....I love ready made stuff that is a good price and delicious!

Beth Cotell said...

EVery time you do a day in the life post I always swear to myself that I'm going to do one too. Maybe tomorrow I will take pics of my day.

Jenny said...

Not bad at all, and not as busy as you sometimes are on that day! Although it sounds like you were plenty busy at work. What a sinking feeling, when you saw the keys! aarrrrrrggghhhh .... but that soup looks great. A new Costco went up last year, very near us. We may have to join because soup. Haahaa xoxo

jujupage1 said...

Happy birthday to all!

Cherdecor said...

Your photo of the two trees looks like a painting. The bark on the tree looks every bit as pretty as the leaves. It is a stunning picture and to think you found it on the way home from work! I have never seen Survivor.