Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Cooking Thursday

I'm sharing another oldie with you today.  This is one that Bob and I both grew up on, and it was one of our favorites.  We both still like it, but our kids are not as fond of it.  Heather likes it but not Laura and Andy because of the celery in it.  Laura used to call it "Happy Casserole' in a sarcastic way!
But - if you like celery, you'll like it too!


Happy Casserole
1 onion chopped
1 # ground beef
4 stalks celery
1/2 cup white rice
1 1/2 cup water
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Brown ground beef and onion, season to taste. Simmer with rice, celery, and water 10-15 minutes; add soups. Place all ingredients in casserole. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

9 comments:

terri said...

It's "delicious"!!

Anonymous said...

We will love this. Thanks. Have a good day.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I would love it. Am always looking for a good casserole recipe and I can now add this one.

Terri D said...

Tried and true! I love knowing a recipe has been used and is good!! Thanks, Mari!

Laura said...

Run people run! :) Just kidding - it's not so bad now that I have adult tastebuds. :)

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a nice comforting dish! It looks delicious :)

Mary said...

Ooh that looks good. I love celery btw!

Saimi said...

Im sure it tastes as good as it looks!! Yum!

Amy at love made my home said...

sounds very happy to me!