Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Cooking Thursday

There seem to be a lot of chicken and rice recipes.  I like this one because it is made in the crock pot, and it has wild rice in it.  I usually make it with chicken breasts; this time I cut the breast into cubes so it would cook quicker.  It's quick to throw together and very tasty!



Herbed Chicken and Wild Rice
1 pkg (6 oz) long grain and wild rice mix
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup water
3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon

Place rice in 5 quart slow cooker; set aside seasoning packet.  In large skillet, brown chicken in oil and butter. Add to slow cooker.
In small bowl, combine the soup, water, bacon, spices and the contents of the seasoning packet. Pour over top of chicken and rice.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken juices run clear.

7 comments:

Arlene G said...

YUM!! Looks like another winner.

Anonymous said...

I love crock pot recipes on these hot summer days. This sounds delicious and with the addition of herbs, I bet it smells wonderful cooking. Have a nice day.

Linda said...

Another keeper, thanks Mari. smiles

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

That recipe is something I would really like and being in the crock pot makes it even better.

Doris said...

Sounds good.....I make GF cream soups but need to check what's in that seasoning packet before I make it. I like easy dishes to make for this bunch!

Cherdecor said...

This recipe is so close to the recipe I make. Mine uses along with the Wild Rice and making it according to directions on the box.
Mushroom soup and a can of mushrooms, and a cup of sour cream and cooked chicken. Bake 350 for 30 minutes in the oven.

Chad loves this casserole. Who wouldn't with the sour cream? Well, maybe Alan. :)

Betsy Brock said...

I can almost smell it!