Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

Things I'm liking...

A few of my friends have done posts about things they are enjoying.  I thought it was a fun idea, so here are some things I like!


This is a new find, and I don't know how widely available these are.  They're oreo crumbs - perfect for making a crust with.  I found them for 99 cents at our local Daily Deals store. They are much less expensive than regular oreo's and no need to crush them!


 This is Schwarzkopf Ultime shampoo, a shampoo I heard about from my friend Linda, of Simply Linda.  My hair is straight and thin, and Linda said this shampoo worked well for her fine hair.  She was right - it does make a difference!


Do you have any stainless steel appliances?  I have several and haven't found anything that cleans it as well as Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner.  You spray it on, and then wipe it off - it leaves a nice shine!  They make this in wipes also, but I think they smear and the spray doesn't do that.


 This is a book with daily readings.  I've done several studies by Nancy Guthrie and enjoyed them.  These daily devotionals start with Genesis and tell how Jesus consistently fulfilled things written in the Old Testament.



This is Mrs Meyer's Clean Day Multi-Surface Cleaner.  There are different scents available, but I love the basil.  It cleans well and leaves and fresh, lovely scent behind.


This is Bath and Bodyworks Stress relief lotion in eucalyptus tea scent.  I like the lotion itself, but the scent truly is relaxing!


 I recently got this CD; Hymns by Anthem Lights. As the title says, it's hymns!  They are done in medleys and tight harmonies.  I've been listening to it a lot!  If you want to listen to something from the CD, click here.



This isn't something you can buy, but it's something I'm really liking!  Bob had vacation last week and spent it remodeling our main bathroom.  It was a lot of work and he isn't done yet.  This is a picture of our nephew Nick helping him get the new tub hauled into the bathroom.  That thing was heavy and I was really glad Nick came over to help!  I'll be showing you more pictures soon.

That's my list.  What about you?  Anything you really like?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari,
I enjoyed your list very much. I clicked on the vocal group and enjoyed listening to several of their songs. Best wishes with the bath remodel. We hope to begin remodel of a bath soon - handicapping John's shower.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

I need to check out that shampoo. My hair seems to be getting thinner by the year and just always looks so limp and blah! Can't wait to see pics of the bathroom remodel!

Linda said...

Don't you just love the shampoo, smiles. I told you...and also try Got2B mousse, same company, yellow can. I also love the Bath and Body product (my bottle is so old, but still good)and Mrs. Meyers.

Thanks for the tips, my husband said we cant buy Oreo/Nabisco products though, they support causes we don't. lololol

Arlene G said...

I love these kinds of lists Mari...I always find something I like. I too enjoy the Mrs Meyers products. They smell so good.

Changes in the wind said...

Will check out the book...sounds very interesting.

Cherdecor said...

I don't think I have heard of any of these products. I guess I live in another country. (snicker) If they do not sell them at Wal-mart, then I will have to drive to another country. :)

Tonight on the news they were saying that many people get side effects from cosmetics and shampoos. When they said that, my ears perked up! I said, "So I am not the only one!" I can only use Johnson's baby shampoo because all the others make my hair fall out.

When my niece was here she put Nurium on my face to take away the wrinkles. It really does work, but I had a headache for two days. Yes, again, I am one of them. :(

I did write down Mrs. Meyer's cleaner. I am always looking for new cleaning solutions.

I enjoyed your list of the things that you like. Also, I cannot wait to see your new bathroom.

Jennifer Hays said...

What a great list! I don't have stainless appliances (unless you count my toaster, LOL), but I swear by Weiman polish for my glass cooktop. I would rather not have a glass one at all, because it's a real pain in the neck, but it came with the house and was almost new at the time. Anyway, that polish works wonders on the cooked-on stuff. I'll never be without it!

Jenny said...

Awesome list. Especially your new bath! Good job, Bob and Nick. I'd just mainline those cookie crumbs, so, won't be buying those. My hair is thick but that shampoo is an excellent find. I love the B&BW stress relief spray and lotion you gave me in lavender. And Meyer's Clean Day? Wonderful! The fragrances are divine. I haven't tried basil. As for what I like: Because I'm trying to, I can't think of a thing ... except outdoor solar lights! We went wild with those out by the pool this year -- both in strings and stake variety. They're so charming in potted plants and lining beds and so forth. I stand in the door at night and just gaze at them. xoxo

Terri D said...

Whoohoo on the bathroom remodel!! Can't wait to see it when it is done!! I LOVE the harmony and will be ordering that CD of hymns!! Thanks for telling us about some of your favorites!!

Laura said...

What a great list! I love some of those items too, and some I'll have to try!

Jean said...

I've tried so many shampoos, but none have made much of a difference. I have VERY thin, fine hair.

Lori used to have that Meyer's Clean Day in the basil fragrance. I used to love wiping down the counters with is when I was finished cleaning up. I need to remind her about that.

I actually googled what to clean my stainless steel appliances with when we first moved here. The suggestion that works best for me is actually Pledge dusting spray! I spray it right onto the appliance or liberally onto a paper towel and then begin wiping. They shine!