Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Family is a blessing!

I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!  It was my weekend off and it was a good one.
I'm going to start with Thursday evening though.  I was at work on Thursday, which is always a late day for me.  I got a message from my sister Cheri asking me to stop at her house on the way home,  She lives just around the corner from me, so it's easy to stop over.  I got there around 6:30 and found that my sister Terri had also stopped, because she was dropping off a little gift for Cheri and I.
She works at a place that screen prints and had gotten some cute towels for both of us.


Look at all these towel!  Aren't they cute?  What a nice surprise!


And here's why Cheri wanted me to stop - she had made several pans of cinnamon rolls and had a pan to share.  Another nice surprise!  I have a wonderful family!

I was supposed to have Friday off, but ended up going in for about 6 hours because we were getting several admissions and they needed some help with them.
After work, Bob and I picked up Alaina and Ruby and took them out for supper, then they came to our house for the night.



The girls love to take blankets and snuggle up in them.


They made a bed on the floor and got Bob to join them.



Bob showed them how he used to dance with their Mom when she was their age.  They thought this was so fun!



See that naughty smile?  She asked me to get her more water, then scrambled into the chair and said "I got your chair Grandma!"  She loves to tease and thought it was so funny!



These girls are so busy, they don't seem to stop moving or talking!  But once in bed, they fell asleep quickly and look how sweet and innocent they look.



Saturday I was woken early, by a little voice saying "Grandma, it's snowing!"  They were both excited to see it blowing and snowing, more so than I was!
We had a nice Saturday, and we stopped to see my Dad and step-mom on our way back to bring the girls home.
Yes - a nice weekend with family!

17 comments:

Terra said...

That sounds like an ideal weekend with family.

Anonymous said...

Oh, they are so cute. These are such fun photos. I love the shot of them watching the snow fall. Hope you rest well tonight, Mari.
xoxo Mildred

Anonymous said...

p.s. I love the cute towels and the rolls look delicious!

LL Cool Joe said...

Those cinnamon rolls look delicious!

As much as you love your Granddaughters I bet you were glad you weren't snowed in with them for days! Ha. Here in the UK if it snowed like that you would be!

I love the photo of both them fast asleep.

Linda said...

AWWW.....how precious, Mari. Thank you for sharing. smiles

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend, and those cinnamon rolls look so good. Love the printed towels too...what a nice thing to do. The girls are precious. My grandson likes to take the pillows from the couch and make a 'boat' on the floor! lol

Jean said...

Oh Mari, those girls are just darling!! Those pics of them dancing with Grandpa are the BEST!!

Wow, those sticky buns! Nothing like freshly made. Haven't done that in a long time.

Arlene G said...

What sweet sisters and so nice you all live near one another.

Dianna said...

You had a lovely weekend...and you have a lovely family, Mari. Your granddaughters are SO cute! We saw a few snow flurries over the weekend, but it didn't stick.

Betsy Brock said...

I love the towels! Love!
My Spencer was such a stinker of a boy, that when I'd look at all three boys sleeping together I'd do a double take at his angelic face. There were times he didn't even look like the same boy! hahahaha....

Laura said...

Aww love all those pics - especially the "Pinkerdoodle dance" pictures - priceless!!

Jennifer Hays said...

How nice, Mari. You really do have a wonderful famuily and I am so glad for you. Alaina and Ruby will grow up knowing they are safe and loved in their happy family.

Karen said...

It's so nice to have family close by. Your granddaughters couldn't be cuter!

Jenny said...

Those are the very best kind. How darling those girls are, and it's obvious they love being together as well as being with you and Bob. So cute. Blowing snow! How lovely. I'd like to see that again. xoxo

Sally said...

You're so right, Mari. Family is everything, and yours is exceptionally sweet and nice. Those little girls make my heart smile. :)

xoxo

Cherdecor said...

It is so sweet of Terri to bring her sisters a gift of towels. I love them! My mother was a linen lover and she passed it on to me.

The cinnamon rolls are an art form! They look perfect! I bet the smell of them baking was amazing. Cheri must have the gift of baking.

I giggled with Ruby when she tricked you into getting out of your chair. Those girls are darlings!

I am happy that you had a great weekend.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Such sweet photos and so true! Family is such a blessing. Those Dolly grandkiddos of you are so fun! Love following how fast they're growing up. ;)
xoxo