Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Cooking Thursday

It's getting colder here and we have a snow storm predicted for this weekend.  That means it's soup time!  The recipe I'm sharing is for potato soup and it's a very easy version - you don't even have to peel potatoes!

Crock Pot  Loaded Baked Potato Soup 

1 30oz. bag of frozen diced hash browns
1 32 oz box of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup (10 oz)
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz, not fat free)
3 oz bacon bits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste 

 
Directions:
Put the hash browns in the crockpot. Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Place the cubes in the crock pot. Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving.
Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready to serve.
Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits.
Enjoy!

22 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds and looks delicious. We eat lots of soup when it gets cold so I am definitely adding this to our list. In fact, I think I will try this next week while the family is together for Thanks giving. I hope you have a blessed holiday with your family, Mari.....

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Potato soup is probably my favorite, so thank you for this crock pot recipe. I need to get the things to make it this weekend...it is to be cold.

Anonymous said...

This does sound easy and potato soup is a favorite here. Stay warm and safe. We have had heavy rain all day and tornadoes in the southern part of the state.

Betsy Brock said...

The hash browns would make this SO easy!

Jean said...

There's something so comforting about potato soup! I just made a really favorite sausage, potato, and spinach soup today for Anthony and Lori.

Angie said...

We love Potato Soup but never made it with hashbrowns! Gonna have to give it a try!

Judy said...

I love soups in the winter. I've never had this one before, it looks like one we would love.

Linda said...

Yummy, Mari!!! Thanks for sharing. Blessings

Beth Cotell said...

YUM!! I'm always on the lookout for a good soup recipe!

Terri D said...

This recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!!

Arlene G said...

We are supposed to get some cold weather this weekend and that potato soup looks good!!

Heather said...

That looks so good! We might just be having that Saturday, since it is supposed to be snowy and I will be working in the morning. One less thing to think about!

Jenny said...

Oh wow. I was casting about for what to serve next Wednesday when all the fam arrive for Thanksgiving. I think we have our winner! They will love this with a big pan of cornbread! Thanks, Mari xoxo

Phoebes World said...

Oh wow..that looks and sounds sooo food
Thank you for sharing
Phoebe x

Patsy said...

Now that would sure hit the spot with this cold weather.
I must save this.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love this easy version!!! Copying this right now. Perfect time of year for creamy and hearty soups, isn't it? Snuggle in from the snows. Time to hibernate. Lol ;)

Thanks for another great recipe Mari! xoox

Bethany Carson said...

Oh, I've always loved potato soup! This looks delicious!

Sally said...

Looks so very good! I'll be making this soon, thank you Mari! :)

Stay warm on the weekend.

xoxo

Cherdecor said...

This soup looks really good! I wish I could eat it. However, I am going to copy the recipe for a time when I have company or need to give soup to someone.

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure this is the same one we use! Makes me ready to go home and make some! YUMMY!

Sola Scriptura said...

This looks delicious. I always enjoy seeing what you've been making in the kitchen!

Brooke said...

I need to get some cream cheese to make this!!