Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

The 12 Days of Christmas Adventure


My friend, Marianne Ball from Adventures in the Ballpark, has written a book called 'The 12 Days of Christmas Adventure'.   She asked me to read and review it, and I'm sharing it with you.
The idea for this book started over 20 years ago when someone gifted her family with a pear and a note inviting them to the 12 days of Christmas.  Small gifts arrived on the doorstep from the same anonymous giver for the next 11 days.  The Ball's loved this idea and started their own family tradition of choosing an individual or family that they thought would appreciate some extra Christmas cheer and doing the 12 days with them
After doing this for many years, Marianne decided to share the fun!  In this book, she goes through each of the 12 days and gives different ideas for each phrase, including gifts, crafts and even recipes.  She shares things that can be as simple or elaborate as you want it to be.  The main idea is to brighten someones Christmas season.  Of course, you will have a great time in doing this, therefore brightening your own Christmas!
I thought the book was great, full of good ideas, and a fun way to spread joy during the Christmas season.
You can find this book at Smashwords or Barnes and Noble.
Thanks Marianne, for the chance to read this!

15 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a wonderful idea. It really is more blessed to give than receive. Thanks for sharing Mari.

Betsy Brock said...

That is such a cute idea! I've only done the 12 days once...with my boyfriend (the mister). He got a little gift each day in the campus mail.

Sally said...

Such a clever idea! I'll have to check it out. Thanks, Mari! :)

Amy at love made my home said...

What a lovely idea and a lovely book! xx

Linda said...

Thanks Mari...I had forgotten all about this idea...I use to do this, but...well...never mind...life just got in the way, I guess. Have a beautiful Tuesday, friend.

Beth Cotell said...

What a great idea!!! Sounds like an interesting concept!

Arlene G said...

How fun!! I just received a small cross for my cross wall from my secret sister yesterday. I love getting little gifts!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a great way to celebrate the holidays by giving and serving. Thanks for the review!

Terri D said...

What a wonderful idea! And those gifted may be inclined to pay it forward. Hoping the joy spreads to many!!

Patsy said...

We have so many widows living here, I wish I could do that for all of them. Bennie has adopted some and trying to feed them.

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! How kind of you to review this book for your friend. I love the idea of little gifts over the Christmas season, leading up to Dec. 25th. What a great way to create community! I'll have to give this book a peek. Is it on Amazon? I'll check it out...
Ceil

Brooke said...

my dad did this one year for my mom - he would have loved to have a guide to help him along the way!!

Cherdecor said...

I did used to do that with my children when they were young. Good stuff.

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

Thank, Mari, for taking the time to review the book! I appreciate it!

LL Cool Joe said...

What a nice idea, I can't say I'd do it because I find it hard to cope with the presents I have to buy for Christmas as it is!