Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Tip for Tuesday


Here's a tip that isn't of much help to many people, but it was a huge help to us, so I'm passing it on, in case someone else has to make a seating arrangement.

To make a seating arrangement, get a package of post-it strips.  Write your guests names on the strips, using the different colors to code them - one color for grooms family, one for brides family, one for grooms friends...  You can separate your guest into whatever groups work for you.  Once you've done that and have numbered your tables, you can put the strips at tables, moving them as you need to.
Hope this helps someone!

15 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

That would be a big help....=) Not that I'd ever be able to do something like that. Ever..

Sally said...

That really is a great idea, Mari! :)

Betsy Brock said...

I remember Taylor and Lauren doing this with post-it notes...it did help a lot!

Doris said...

Brilliant!!

Amy at love made my home said...

Great idea! Wish that I had known this one years ago when I was doing a wedding seating plan, gosh I crossed a lot of things out moving people around! xx

Mari said...

Pretty simple but I guess it's a great help.

Terri D said...

A great idea!

Unknown said...

What a good idea! I am sure it was useful. Thanks for sharing, and have a good Tuesday.

Judy said...

What n awesome idea!

Bethany Carson said...

Sounds like a very clever idea!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hopefully with my kiddos ages I won't be planning a wedding anywhere in the near future - but great tip to hold on to for a later date!! ;)

Can't wait to see more pics of the wedding!! xo

Sola Scriptura said...

This would really help organise a big event :)

Dianna said...

Very good tip, Mari. Thank you for sharing.

Heart2Heart said...

Mari,

What great ideas! I'm already adding all of your ideas to my wedding folder for my oldest daughter. In fact while waiting at the doctor's office yesterday, we look at your wedding pictures and got some great ideas.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Jean said...

I honestly cannot remember doing the seating arrangement for our daughters' wedding reception. That's a great idea!