Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cooking Thursday

I made a new recipe this week that I have to share with you.  It's a twist on the Lemon Bars many of us have had.  This one uses crescent rolls as a base and has cream cheese in it too.  Yum!



Lemon Cream Cheese Bars

2  8 ounce packages crescent rolls (I use Pillsbury Recipe Creations w/o seams)
2 pkgs cream cheese, softened
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons sugar.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Lay one roll of crescent rolls in bottom of pan, stretching to make it fit.
Beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.  Add lemon juice.
Spread mix over crescent rolls in pan.
Unroll second roll of crescents over cream cheese, stretching it to fit pan.
Brush melted butter over top of crescent rolls, then sprinkle sugar over top.
Bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
When cool, keep in refrigerator.

15 comments:

Judy said...

This looks yummy! I'm going to have to try this one for sure.

Connie said...

I like anything with lemon....

Debra Howard said...

Those look really yummy!

Terri D said...

I think Joe would love these!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Brilliant! These are calling my name for sure. I love regular lemon bars, but flaky crescents & cream cheese too. Just yum! Thx for sharing.

Sola Scriptura said...

Oh Mari, your family must be so happy when you've been busy in the kitchen! This looks delicious.

Beth Cotell said...

You can't go wrong with crescent rolls and cream cheese!

Betsy Brock said...

They look delicious...and so pretty, too!

Jennifer Hays said...

Oh, yum. I love the way the sugar on top looks all crisp and crackly!

Phoebes World said...

Oh my! They look so scrummy! This recipe is a keeper
Thank you for sharing Mari
Phoebe x

Patsy said...

Thanks, looks so good I must try this.

Jenny said...

Oh mercy. Get thee behind me ... xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

Anything lemon is always wonderful I think! xx

Bethany Carson said...

Sounds scrumptious!

Anita Johnson said...

I am always looking for non- chocolate desserts for our couples Bible Study...this looks like a winner!