Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cooking Thursday

I'm sharing a recipe I should have put out last week, because it's a good one for a Superbowl party. However, I made it for our Superbowl night, so you're getting it a little late. This is one my family always enjoyed and we still do. It makes quite a bit, but I have made it and frozen half to use later, which works well.


Taco Dip

3 pounds hamburg, browned and drained
1 can tomato soup
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can refried beans
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 package taco seasoning
16 ounces Velveeta cheese
Stir all ingredients but cheese together.  Cut cheese into large cubes and stir in.  Heat through (I put it in the crock pot for a few hours) and serve with tortilla chips.

16 comments:

Connie said...

Sounds good...

Judy said...

Looks and sounds yummy!

Sally said...

That sure does look tasty! Might have to try when more than "myself" will be here. :)

Unknown said...

Going to store tomorrow to get the ingredients to make. We are to have snow flurries and very cold temps for us, and this sounds like a good thing to have on that type day. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Dianna said...

Sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing, Mari.

Terri D said...

Mari, I think I could eat the entire batch all by myself! I LOVE tacos and taco dips. Yum!

Betsy Brock said...

I love this kind of stuff....I can almost smell it! Yum!

Bethany Carson said...

Looks delicious!

Stephanie said...

Mmmm.... sounds great, Mari. Thanks for sharing :)

Brooke said...

anything with velveeta has to be delicious!
i made the potato soup you shared last week and it was a hit!! having it leftover for dinner tonight.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I have one that's similar with velveeta, taco meat, salsa and cream cheese. But love sound of yours with more of a creamy tomato sauce and soup and beans!

Can't beat the goodies at a Super Bowl party!! Yummy!!

Thanks for sharing Hon. xo

Sola Scriptura said...

Wow! I think I have a craving for this now... right now!

Jenny said...

Wow. Another keeper. I am drooling. Thanks Mari. xoxo

Linda said...

Oh how yummy! Thanks for sharing. Blessing

Mari said...

I'm honestly ready for bed but it looks like I'm gonna have to visit the kitchen one more time :) Tacos & dips...now I'll have to figure out how to get some.

Amy at love made my home said...

Sounds delicious!! xx