Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cooking Thursday

I seem to share a lot of old recipes with you. I guess if I've been making something for over 30 years, it has stood the test of time! This is one of those recipes. I got it from an aunt and have been making it since before I was married. It's one that goes together quickly and it makes a big panful, so it's a winner!
Butterfinger Bars

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup melted butter
4 cups oatmeal
 6 ounces chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter

 Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Stir sugars, melted butter and oatmeal together and press into greased 10"x15" pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together and spread on baked bars.
Store in refrigerator.

17 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my....butterfingers are one of my all time favorite candies...I can't wait to try these...They look yummy.....

Unknown said...

I love butterfingers so will have to give this a try! Thanks you for sharing.

Connie said...

Butterfingers...my favorite. I'm going to try this one.

Sally said...

One of my favorites also; butterfingers. I am definitely going to get the ingredients and make these! :)

Thanks for sharing, Mari.

xoxo

Dianna said...

Oh yum!...what could be easier? I'm copying this one down.

Bethany Carson said...

I love simple recipes! And this one looks so good. I'll add it to my list of recipes to try. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

These look good.
I have added the recipe to my plan to eat online recipe book. Thanks!

Betsy Brock said...

I love old recipes...they can really be the best! This looks very good!

Patsy said...

Sounds good, Thanks
I love simple and old recipes.

Terri D said...

The look, and sound, delicious! Thanks! I never try complicated recipes, so really enjoy ones that seem easy to make1 Thanks!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Old recipes are the best recipes! These sound wonderful!! Thanks for sharing. We're finally getting our winter white around here.
Stay warm dear Friend xo

Sola Scriptura said...

Those look oh so good! I'm sure those would go quickly in my house :)

Linda said...

Oh my goodness!! The guys would loveeeeee this..thanks for sharing. Blessings

Cherdecor said...

No flour?!?! Great! I will try this one. Thank you!

Amy at love made my home said...

Yummy scrummy!! What could be better! Just like an oaty peanut butter cup I imagine, but better!! xx

Stephanie said...

Yummy in my tummy! I love peanut butter and chocolate... I'm definitely going to have to make this soon :)

Happy weekend, Mari!

Jenny said...

WOW this sounds like a winner. I may make these for TG's birthday in a few days! He will love them I know.
Thank you!!!! xoxo