Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cooking Thursday

Today I'm sharing a yummy bar recipe. I'm often asked for this recipe when I bring these bars somewhere. It includes cream cheese and chocolate, so you know it's good!


Chocolate Streusel Bars

1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup cold butter
1- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 -14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until crumbly (mixture will be very dry). Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture and press remainder on bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake 15 minutes. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well. Pour over prepared crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over cheese mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly. Cool and chill. Cut into small squares and store in refrigerator.

19 comments:

Connie said...

Sounds really good.

Betsy Brock said...

yum...they look easy, too!

Jenny said...

Good heavens! I copied this one. Thanks, Mari. xoxo

Sally said...

Oh yes, I have to make these and have everything I need except the condensed milk. Thanks, Mari! :)

Mary said...

These look delicious! I was planning on making no bake peanut butter chocolate squares, but now I'm thinking of trying these instead.

Sola Scriptura said...

That looks delicious! I always enjoy visiting your blog on Thursdays to see what you've been cooking or baking :)

Hootin Anni said...

Chocolate, Streusel, and Bars....nuttin' Better!!!

GOT MILK?

Dianna said...

Yes! Cream cheese and chocolate...what is there not to love. They look amazing, Mari. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Linda said...

Oh how yummy!!! Thanks for sharing. Blessings

Kerin said...

Those look good.
I'll have to keep the recipe, and give them a try sometime.
Thanks for posting the recipe for us.

~K.

Unknown said...

My mouth is watering!

Jennifer Hays said...

Oh my gosh, those sound delicious. I love brownies with cream cheese so I think I would definitely enjoy these too. Thanks for sharing.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh ya -cream cheese and chocolate....you're speaking my language! Thanks for another yummy one Mari! xo

White Lace and Promises said...

Yummy, yummy! Got to try this. So much for WW. Maybe after Valentine's Day?

Terri D said...

I want one (or six) right now, please!! ;)

Cherdecor said...

Sweetened condensed milk makes anything taste good. I could eat it straight from the can. Don't worry, I don't.

Maggie Ann said...

yum that looks good....but I must lose about 8 pounds...so its an apple for me lol. Thanks for visiting my lego post. I saw the bird kits for sale in a magazine...showed it to my daughter for the grandkids and she turned around and surprised me with them. Total fun....=).

Anonymous said...

I would love one of these with my coffee today! Have a nice weekend.

Amy at love made my home said...

Anything chocolate always has to be good doesn't it! xx