Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Our funny girl

We had such fun this weekend with Alaina. She is such a funny one to have around. We spend a lot of time laughing!

Here she is, greeting Oliver when she first got here.  She is always so happy to see him.


She was playing with Bob and she got a serious case of the giggles.  Anything he did made her laugh all the more, which made us laugh too.

Lately she's been saying such funny things to us.  Like this in the car this weekend:
"We need to get gas.  We are going to run out of gas and be lost forever!"
"Let's go to the car wash.  We need to get the car washed."  When I say it's too cold and the doors will freeze, she says "But we have too.  It's so dirty!  And the car wash has pretty colors." (She likes the colored foam)
Bob got me soft, fuzzy slipper socks for Christmas.  They have colored dots on them.  When Alaina saw me putting them on, she rubbed them and said "These are just fabulous, Grandma!"
Or when Ruby has a dirty diaper - "This is bad, this is very bad."
The one we really laughed about on Friday night happened in the car.  We were driving home when we heard loud sniffing in the back seat, followed by:
"Grandma, do you smell something"?
"No, do you?"
"Grandpa, hurry up!  There is a stunk behind our car!  Hurry Grandpa, drive fast!"
Then, with her nose pinched shut we hear - "That stunk is peeuweee!"

It was a fun night.   :)

26 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Very cute! I'm laughing, too! What a sweetie! Giggles are contagious!

Connie said...

It just doesn't get any better than that does it....enjoy, the years go by so fast.

Sally said...

Such an adorable little girl, and smart too!

Love the pics. I'm sitting giggling also. :)

xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha, she sounds a real character. She keeps you on your toes for sure. My kids both enjoyed the Marble run too.

Sola Scriptura said...

What a fun little girl!! Thank you for sharing this and giving me a chuckle this morning.

Unknown said...

Those are happy times with the little ones for you. They can come up with things that make us laugh and we will remember years later. She is a delight! Have a good Tuesday.

Terri D said...

What a great age, and she is just adorable! There is really no better sound than a little one's laughter! The joy is contagious!

Linda said...

Awww so cute...OLIVER!!! Poor Oliver, he sure tolerates Alaina, huh? Blessings

Cherdecor said...

The first phrase that came to my mind was, "Kids say the darndest things!" I love the stunk story! She has a large vocabulary too!

Bethany Carson said...

She says the cutest things...and has a lovely smile! Reminds me of some of my neighbor's children; they say things adults would never dream of saying they are so honest! Love them!

Kerin said...

So sweet :)
I just love the honesty and sweet perspective from these little ones:)
I am glad she was able to spend time with you.

~Kerin

Jennifer Hays said...

She is so funny. I loved reading her little quips. I'm glad to see she still loves Oliver. Someday when she's an old lady, she'll still remember her visits with him.

Dee said...

What a sweet post. Alaina is such a little cutie and I couldn't help but laugh, too when I was reading this. Have a wonderful week... :)

Beth said...

I'm smiling, thank you. Such a funny cutie! Loved that last one esp. :>)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

She is so darn cute!! I bet it's hard to hand her back at the end of the visit. ;)

I miss my kiddos being Littles and the things they used to say like Alaina. I remembered to write a lot of them down in the early years, so I knew that even if I was behind in my scrapbooking I would have them somewhere to add in when I caught up.

She truly is a Doll! Thx for sharing. xo

Just A Southern Girl said...

You just never know what she'll say next! :)

Brooke said...

i just can't get over how grown up she looks!!! and gorgeous.

Amy at love made my home said...

Too too cute!! I think that I would have the giggles just talking to her! xx

approved said...

She is so pretty and funny. I know you enjoy every minute with her.

Dianna said...

Aren't grandchildren just the greatest? I love how they express themselves...especially at Alaina's age. As they grow older they make fewer of those cute things...but just today I received in the mail a beautiful card from my 10 year old granddaughter. She wrote me a note and then she signed her name in cursive, directly above where she had printed her name! She was making a statement. :)

I love the picture of Alaina with Oliver...and that one of her giggling just makes me chuckle! What a cutie!

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a cutie. Grandkids are the best!

Jenny said...

Alaina is a girl with heart and soul and a sense of humor! Great vocabulary too. The best kind. xoxo

Jean said...

Love it! Nothing like the entertainment of a three-year-old!

White Lace and Promises said...

She is at a fun age. I enjoy my Connor at this age and of course,I'm loving my baby girl.

White Lace and Promises said...

She is at a fun age. I enjoy my Connor at this age and of course,I'm loving my baby girl.

Laura said...

She is a character for sure!