Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cooking Thursday

I'm sharing another one of my Mom's recipes today. This one goes with my banana post from Tuesday - it's what I use my frozen bananas for! I've tried several different banana bread recipes, but I always go back to this easy recipe from my mom.


Banana Bread

Cream together:
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
Add 3 mashed bananas
Mix in:
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
2 cups flour
5 tablespoons milk

Pour into a greased large loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 - 1 1/4 hours, until bread tests done.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites. Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe.

Judy said...

Oh Yum, I love banana bread!

Anonymous said...

I love banana recipes. Your banana bread has come out good. It makes me to feel hungry. Thanks for sharing this easy recipe

Unknown said...

Another yummy one! Thanks

Linda said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Blessings

Jennifer Hays said...

Yum. Thanks for sharing your mom's recipe, it sounds really good.

Sola Scriptura said...

Looks delicious! I love when you share your family recipes, thanks :)

Anita said...

Mom's recipe is always the best, isn't it! My mom makes a sweet potato pie that my kids and I love.

Maybe I'll bake a few things this summer. Your mom's recipe sounds easy and tasty.

Connie said...

Sounds delicious........

Betsy Brock said...

Mmmmm....looks so good. I love the color of it, too!

Jenny said...

Heavenly. I'm stealing this one too, Mari. Thanks. xoxo