Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Take me out to the ball game

Last week Bobs work invited us to go to a Whitecaps game. The Whitecaps are our local minor league baseball team. His workplace has taken us there for the last few years. They get a special covered area reserved, and we get supper along with the game.


The Whitecaps games are always fun. There is so much activity along with the game. This night was Super Hero night, so the announcer was dressed as a Super Hero and you can see him in this picture, standing at the top of the stadium.
They do something fun each inning, which usually includes little kids out on the field having a great time.



Of course - there is a ball game to watch as well!




On this night, there was also a Nascar racing car to see.




This happens to be the car of Bobs favorite driver - Matt Kenseth.











It was nice to see the car and its trailer.
We had a good supper and a fun time!

7 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Sounds like a fun evening! It's always nice when employers do something for the family of their employees.

Big hugs,
Kat

Simone said...

Did Bob get a chance to sit in the race car? That would've been a great picture. I have never been to a professional baseball game. I guess I need to get out more! :)

Brooke said...

what a fun night! :)

Penny said...

Looks like y'all had a blast!

Marsha Young said...

Great pictures!!!

And we also love minor league ball. When we lived in Sacramento, the River Cats (Triple A for the Oakland Athletics) had a wonderful ball park and we went nearly every year.

FUN!!!

Kim said...

How fun! (But now I have that song running through my head, "Take me out to the ballgame" -- hahaha)

Jenny said...

I love this kind of thing! I wish I could have gone with you! A hot dog and cotton candy would have kept me quiet!