Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cooking Thursday


I'm sharing another Freezer meal today. I just love these - make one to eat and one to freeze, and it's so good to have a meal in the freezer. This is another one that's easy to throw together, and then it goes into the crock pot the day you want to eat it.
For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.


Mexican Beef Tips


Spice mix:
2 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons oregano
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/w teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Meat mix:
3 pounds beef stew meat
2 onions, chopped coarsely
2 green peppers, cut into strips
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
flour

Blend spices together in a small bowl.
Coat stew meat lightly with flour, and divide between 2 gallon freezer bags. Divide seasoning mix between each bag, then onions, peppers and tomatoes.
Shake ingredients to mix them and freeze.

To prepare:
Thaw completely. Place in crock pot and cook on low for 8-9 hours, until meat is tender.
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness! I've never heard of a recipe like this. Duly copied! I love your Cooking Thursdays, Mari! BTW Rambo is Andrew's dog! I've blogged about him so many times and showed so many pics of him, I didn't think anybody wouldn't recognize him! He is the most precious dog in all the world. Truly extraordinary. We're on our way up to see Greg's mother and attend the wedding of our nephew this weekend, so we got to spend some time with Rambo (and Andrew, LOL) tonight!

Anonymous said...

We will love this recipe, Mari. I appreciate you sharing the recipes that freeze well. Such a time saver!

Pat said...

had to see what's cooking today!
This sounds awesome!

Sharon said...

I have this recipe but it is called Shipwreck. I make it often and I love having some in the freezer for weekends in winter and I don't like to cook.
Happy Anniversary to you and Bob
Hubs and I were married the 16th, 48 yrs ago