Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cooking Thursday



I don't know about you, but we don't normally have a big breakfast. Bob eats frozen waffles or cereal and I usually have a couple of boiled eggs. However, every other week, when I have Sunday off I try to make something a little nicer. Sunday mornings can be a little busy, so finding a recipe like the one I'm sharing today is a plus. This French Toast Bake is made the night before and just needs to be popped in the oven. It's yummy and is just as good when it's reheated the next day!
For more recipes visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.




French Toast Bake

1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf Texas Toast
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
sugar and cinnamon for sprinkling

Melt butter and add brown sugar, stir until mixed.
Pour butter sugar mix into bottom on 7x11 mix and spread.
Beat eggs, milk and vanilla together.
Lay a single layer of Texas toast in pan.
Spoon half of egg mixture over bread.
Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast and spoon rest of egg mixture over it.
Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over top.
Refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

When serving, place upside down on the plate, so none of the delicious caramel goodness on the bottom is lost! The recipe says to serve it with warm syrup, but we thought it was sweet enough on it's own. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

French Toast is one of my favorites. Thx for the recipe, Mari.

Pat said...

I love french toast, and this version looks really yummy! I like that you can make it the night before!

Jean said...

I am definitely using this one the next time we have guests for the weekend. I LOVE French toast, and this will be such a nice variety of that. Thank you!!

Jenny said...

Oh girl I have a recipe for this and it's scrumptious but I think this one may be slightly different so ... *COPYING* :D

Sandra said...

Oh goodness Mari. I'm drooling LOL

likeschocolate said...

I haven't seen this recipe, but it looks devine and it appears couldn't be easier.