Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cooking Thursday


Are you ready for another recipe? I have one for you, and if you want more, you can stop over at Sandra's place.
It will soon be time for fresh fruit here, so I thought I would share a yummy dessert that would taste great with fresh fruit on top.



Angelic Fruit Dessert

1 Angel Food Cake, cut into cubes (large size or 2 loaf pans)
2 small vanilla instant pudding mixes
3 cups milk
8 ounce Cool Whip, thawed
Fresh Fruit - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches to your taste

Place angel food cake cubes in 9 X 13 pan. Mix pudding with milk and fold in Cool Whip. Pour over cake cubes. Top with cut up fruit of your choice.

*I put mine in mini trifle bowls, but you can use any variety of dish to put it in.
*I use sugar free pudding and low fat Cool Whip which makes this pretty healthy, for a dessert!

18 comments:

Nancy said...

Very pretty dessert, and tasty too!! Thanks

Susan said...

Sounds light and yummy!

Angel Muly said...

Sound yummy!! I love dessert like this!! Thanks for sharing!! Love and blessings

Syrone said...

This looks like a great dessert for summer!

Brooke said...

passing this one along to my mother who can't eat chocolate. she can't eat a lot right now, so something yummy and delish would be particularly good to pick her up.

Andrea said...

Yummy..
Blessings,
andrea

PS: Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.

Sharon said...

Thank you for sharing this yummy looking recipe. I will be sure to try it for next family dinner gathering.
Have a blessed day.

Pat said...

I think I'll make this with a store made sugar free angel food cake...then my hubby can eat it too!

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

This looks like something yummy for our next small group!

Hootin' Anni said...

Yes indeedy, I could so eat these for my desert...and even a bedtime snack. I'll join you!!!!

Yummy.

Butterfly Works said...

It looks yummy....we have fresh strawberries coming in so I think I will try it tomorrow...
Thanks for your sweet comments...
Hugs

Sandra said...

I LOVE stuff like this, Yum.

Christine said...

These look delicious!

Cherdecor said...

I like the way you served this dessert! I need to get some cute little dessert dishes like yours.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

This looks like a light summery dish! Yum!

And I love, love, love those mini-triffle bowls! Are they Pampered Chef?

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my goodness. These look so pretty and delicious : ) I love this recipe!

Rebekah said...

Yumm!! I think I'll have my dessert before lunch

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

heavenly!