Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday


The recipe I am sharing today is called chili, but it's a little different from the type of chili I usually make. It has beef chunks and carrots in it and has a little more liquid. I think you'll like it!

Texican Chili
8 bacon strips, diced
2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 cans (one 28 ounce and one 14-1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes
2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
1 can (16 ounce) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups sliced carrots
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain. Brown beef in the drippings over medium heat and drain. Transfer to 5 quart slow cooker; add bacon and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
For more slow cooking recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

post signature

13 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh YUM, we are huge chili fans :) Can't wait to try this one Mari.

Mary said...

Mari,

Sounds delicious. I always look forward to your Slow Cooking Thursdays.

Thanks for your comments on my photos of Canadian autumns. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Blessings,
Mary

Mike Golch said...

sounds good to me. Hugs!

Cherdecor said...

This is a good fall recipe. Did I hear them say that Monday is the first day of fall?

Cheri said...

This is one that I know Mark would like!

Jenny said...

Can't wait until it cools off here to try this one, Mari! My family love chili and this sounds divine. Thanks for sharing!

Kristie said...

You had me at Bacon! Sounds yummy!

Terri said...

Oh yum, I hope the weather starts cooperating for good food like this!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I like how this is a little different than the average chili. Sounds great.

Growin' With It said...

and you do a "slow cooking thursday"...i'm liking your blog more and MORE!!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

LOVE ME SOME TEXAS CHILI! Takes me back to my roots! Can't wait to make this when it's nice and cold here! :)

~melody~

ROXY said...

Oh this sounds like a great recipe! I can't wait to try this. My recipe has ground beef in it and I like that this one has cubed chuck! Thanks for congrats! I really appreciate it:)

ROXY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.