Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

A visit to our favorite radio staion



Last week Heather and I made a visit to WJQ, the radio station we listen to. They play contemporary christian music. They have a special thing going where you can sign up and win things. I was notified that I had won a pound of fudge and to come in and pick it up. Both Heather and I had a day off together, so she came along for the ride. We expected to just go in and pick up the fudge and leave, but instead were welcomed and got to meet some of the DJ's. We met Mandy from the morning show, Gary from afternoons, and Jeremy who can be heard at various times. They were all very nice, talked to us for a few minutes and asked about our opinions on the station. It was a pleasant surprise. After that we had lunch at a sandwich shop I've heard good things about, but because it's not real near us I haven't had an opportunity to go. It's called Wolfies and it was really good. We both had a turkey bacon panini with herb dressing. There were lots of good sounding sandwiches and I'll be going back again and I recommend it to anyone who lives in the area. It was a nice day out!

post signature

17 comments:

Mary said...

Mari,

Enjoy the fudge and I'm glad you were able to meet some of your favorite DJs. The sandwiches sound delicious. I'm glad you had an enjoyable afternoon with your friend.

About the dishes - Mom has given me the entire set pretty much. I have had them for a few years and everytime she sees a piece I don't have, she picks it up for my birthday or Christmas. I had a hard time finding a gravy boat with the saucer, but Mom finally found that as well. I love them.

Blessings,
Mary

Grace Acres said...

Hi Mari, in response to your comment earlier. When you leave the amish faith you are shunned and it was really bad when my husband left. They didn't come to the wedding and did not have much to do with us at all. It has been a 5 year road of patience and prayer and thankfully it is going well.

Earen said...

How fun! Something fun & different to do!

Mike Golch said...

sounds like you had a great day. we have a Christian radio station here. WFHM 99.5 it called the fish

Justabeachkat said...

What fun! Sounds like a good day...and winning a pound of fudge! Wow!

Hugs!
Kat

Nate and Brenda said...

That is awesome!! Congrats!!
Make sure you listen this week from 7-9 as today Sango will be interviewed on air for the Isaiah project with Mama neuman and Nate and Troy will be interview on Friday!!!

Terri said...

What a fun time. Glad you could win. We'll have to try that for lunch now that the kids are at school!

Rebekah said...

Congratulations! Do you get KLove in your area? Its another good contemporary Christian station- it's a national station that can be picked up by different areas

Krista said...

Fudge....yummy! I love Christian Radio. We have a station in Knoxville that the Mull's founded called WJBZ 96.3. I love it because they play Southern Gospel. The times that they do play the old old stuff, that I just can't stand, then I listen to Love 89.1 which is a Contemporary Christian Station. My husband listens to 89.1 all the time. He isn't a big Southern Gospel fan.

Cheri said...

I've heard really good things about Wolfies too.
The next Friday you have off- we'll have to go there for lunch.

Pat said...

I'm thankful for those great Christian radio stations, I rarely listen to anything else. Way to go on the fudge win!
Wolfies sounds good, to bad it's not a little closer, I'm always ready for a new place to eat!

Sandra said...

Congratulations Mari :) Glad you got to meet some of your favorite DJ's.

Melissa said...

I don't think we have one hear, but I dont listen to the radio too much anyways. But my husband is kind of into christian contemporary.

Lynn said...

That DOES sound like a fun day! That sandwich sounds especially yummy, especially with some fudge to wash it down. :-D

We have a couple of great Christian stations around here too.

Melissa said...

I pass Wolfie's every time I go to Mike's house. I think we'll have to go there sometime :)

Shelly said...

sounds good. delishheeeooooshhhooooo

The Birds Nest said...

How fun!!! Is it just me or do you seem to always win things??:)