Pages

Monday, June 24, 2024

Summer Garden

I think most of you have been dealing with some pretty hot weather lately.  We've been having a heat wave in Michigan too, but so far the gardens are doing ok although Bob's been working to keep them watered.
Here's how things are looking in our yard at the moment.


On the side of the house, by the gate, things are growing like crazy!  The big bush on the right is an oak leaf hydrangea.




This is one of the flowers on it.  We have several of these plants  and they like the shade.  The flowers last all summer.





Here's the other side of the house.




These lilies are blooming in that bed.  Bob ordered them quite a few years ago.  They were supposed to be red, low growing lilies.  Instead we got these pink and white lilies, growing 2 feet tall! We think that was a happy mistake.



Here's the back yard




In the back is this rose bush that starts a fairly deep yellow.




As it gets older it turns a cream color and when it's about done, it gets these pink edges.



Also in the back, the tomatoes are growing!





And so is the basil.




The little woods area on the side yard is full of hosta and ferns.

It's such a fun time of year, seems there is something new blooming all the time. I look at all the varieties of plants, some flower, others don't, but they are all beautiful in their own way.  I look at them and think what an amazing Creator to fill the earth with so many different types of beauty!


21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have such a beautiful yard with great variety! And my favorite may be your lovely gate, which I have seen in a few of your other posts.

Debby said...


Your yard looks like a park - it’s gorgeous. I really like that gate. Every single one of your flowers and the greens around your yard makes it all look stunning. Wow!

Mandy said...

Everything is so beautiful! Looks like your plants are holding up well! I especially love your yellow rose bush. That's my mama's favorite flower. It has surely been hot here. It's currently almost 10 PM, 92 degrees, and just walking outside results in immediate sweating. I don't enjoy this heat!

roentare said...

Such a great variety of plants in your garden

R's Rue said...

Si beautiful.

Katerinas Blog said...

Beautiful photos of your yard which is very beautiful.
I'm sure you keep it that way after a lot of work!

Judy said...

Your yard is so beautiful, everything looks so lush

MELODY JACOB said...

Your garden looks vibrant despite the heat wave—kudos to Bob for keeping everything well-watered! Those oak leaf hydrangeas and surprise lilies add such beauty to your yard.

Read my new post!

Sparky said...

Oh, my, that all looks so nice! Well done. Y'all have a green thumb. I want to sit there to drink in the beautiful sights, listen to the birds and relish in the coolness of the garden. Yum. Have a nice day friend.

Happy@Home said...

Everything looks so healthy and beautiful. I LOVE your side gate. It was a pleasure to tour your garden.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Boy those are some bodacious bunches of basil! Hahahaha and my mouth is watering over those tomatoes!!! The flowers are exquisite and as usual, one word springs to mind when I see pictures of your homeplace: idyllic. I see myself sitting on that porch! If it's anything like here, I'll be swatting flies, hahahaha! xoxo

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari! You and Bob have a lovely yard! You have more little green tomatoes than I do.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a beautiful garden/yard! Everything is just so lush and green and gorgeous! I love that "gate"...so beautiful! I do wish I had a green thumb and that it wasn't so HOT here in the summer so I'd feel more like working in a garden. But it is what it is. I will just enjoy looking at yours! It really looks like a place from Better Homes and Garden magazine! Very beautiful!!

Dianna said...

Your landscaping is just beautiful, Mari. So much lush green around you...I love it! And, yes, we do have an amazing Creator to give us such different types of beauty.

Suemn said...

I love all the plants in your front and back yards! Everything looks so nice.

happyone said...

Everything looks so nice. You have a beautiful garden.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Your home and gardens are so beautiful!! I always love to see what new things are popping up. :) We had our epic and very special family trip, but it's nice to be back home sweet home. Missed my friends and blogland! Blessings to you. xoxo

Terri D said...

Your yard is gorgeous all the time. Bob has a green thumb, for sure! Beauty all around you. Thanks for sharing, Mari!! xo

Michelle said...

You have such a beautiful yard. Everything looks so lush and healthy.

Catherine said...

I love your garden! Bob did a good job.
Our roses bloom is nearly finish and with all the rain we had and not much time it is a mess. Saturday morning we will work in the garden before they arrive by 5pm. Maxime is very excited and can’t sleep! I hope it will not be too tiring for our son, they will have a 10 hours travel.

Lowcarb team member said...

Everything in your garden is looking good ... great photographs.

All the best Jan