Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Cooking Thursday

Todays recipe is an appetizer I made for the bridal shower we had last week.  The hardest thing in making these is coring out the tomatoes, the rest is quick and easy.  These look nice and were very good!



BLT Bites

20-30 cherry tomatoes
6 ounces fried, crumbled bacon
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese

Cut a thin slice off the top of the cherry tomatoes. Scoop out the pulp and place upside down on paper towels to drain excess juice.
Stir together the bacon, mayonnaise, green onions and parmesan cheese.
Place in large plastic bag, cut a small corner off to form an opening at the tip and pipe into the cherry tomatoes.
Refrigerate for several hours before serving.


17 comments:

Debby said...

Looks good.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those look delicious! I am not sure that I am talented enough to make them, but I may just have to give this recipe a try. I'm sure they were a hit at the shower. Thanks for sharing!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, they must taste wonderful!

Susan said...

Those sound really good! Thanks for sharing!

Katerinas Blog said...

Great idea,
I will definitely be doing it as I always have plenty of cherry tomatoes!

Prims By The Water said...

These look divine. TFS Janice

Terri D said...

I do my deviled eggs with a gallon bag, cutting off an end. These look very good and I'm sure ARE very good. Thanks, Mari!!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Jenny the Pirate said...

I want this but I will need for you to core the tomatoes for me. Just let me know when you're available, hahahaha xoxo

Judy said...

I love this. I have two cherry tomato plants and can't wait to make this.

happyone said...

These are delicious. I've had them before!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I can just imagine that these would be addictive and hard to stop popping in my mouth! Really cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Dianna said...

Oh my! Those look amazing. I now have a yummy recipe to try when our cherry tomatoes come on.

Jean said...

Wow, they are so beautiful! And I'm sure they are very tasty too!!

Barbara said...

I know these taste really good because in the past I have made something very similar. The biggest help I had in making mine was the use of a very sharp-edged serrated grape fruit spoon that did a fine job of cleaning out the little tomatoes, seeds and all.

Lowcarb team member said...

One word describes these and that is DELICIOUS.

All the best Jan

Great-Granny Grandma said...

This sounds so good, but I don't think I would do a very good job of scooping out the cherry tomatoes.