Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

A bit o' the Irish!

We had a fun St Patrick's Day yesterday!  Our daughter Heather and her husband Andrew invited us to lunch where friends from their church were going to be playing Irish music.


So - after church on Sunday we made our way to Holland MI, a city that is known for it's dutch heritage.   Who would have thought that in the middle of town, there was an Irish pub?





 Inside they were set up with some green for the guests.



 It was so cute inside, looked like it had been there for years.






 Here's what I had - it's called Bubbles and Squeak.  It was an omelet inside a pancake with fresh fruit and red and green pepper.  Heather and Bob had Fish and Chips, Andrew had Shepherds Pie.  It was all very good.



 What we liked best was the music though.  She plays the fiddle, he was playing the penny whistle here.



And then he played the bagpipe.  They were so good!
What a fun way to celebrate St Patrick's Day!

13 comments:

Arlene G said...

What a fun afternoon!! I love bag pipes!!

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

Hi!
It looks like you had fun. We have a few irish pubs here in Lisbon, also.
Have a blessed week!
:)

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What fun! Glad you got to go to the pub for some traditional Irish food and music.

Dianna said...

I think next year I am going to plan to be in Holland MI for St. Patrick's Day. The food that all of you had made my mouth water. It is been quite a while since I've made Bubble and Squeak or Shepherd's Pie. And bagpipe music to enjoy that delicious food by...definitely our kind of day!

Changes in the wind said...

A omelet wrapped in a pancake? Not sure if I would like it but glad you gave it a whirl. I think the couple is great and clearly very talented.

Terri D said...

Now that's a great way to have celebrated St. Patrick's Day! I miss the Irish Pub we used to go to in Alexandria, VA. We have an Irish pub here in Lakeland called Molly's. I'm sorry to say I've never been inside it. Glad you had such a fun time with your kids!

Jenny said...

That sounds completely charming! I love shepherd's pie SO MUCH I must make some again soon! Happy spring! xoxo

Michelle said...

I love Irish food as I find it to be the best comfort food. I would have enjoyed that music.

Doris said...

Sounds amazing! All of it.

Jean said...

That looks like so much fun! I would have loved that music!

LL Cool Joe said...

I love Shepherds Pie. It's called Bubble & Squeak. Without the s at the end of Bubble. :) We don't really celebrate St Patrick's Day in the UK. Ironic really. :D

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

OH that looks like it was such a fun St Patty's day! I love that pub. The stained glass is gorgeous!! And the fun music and yummy food - looks like it was great. ;)

Cherdecor said...

Alan would have loved that music. He especially likes bagpipes.