Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Girls trip!

My sister Cheri and I took a little trip this past weekend.  Our sister Terri couldn't come because her daughter had ball games so it was just the two of us this time.

We left Friday afternoon and had a 2 1/2 hour drive to Canton Michigan.  We had a hotel reserved and had the GPS set with the address.  However, we had issues when we got close to our destination.  First, it seemed to us that we were driving past the city, then it had us drive into a residential area and turn around.  Then it took us to a college campus that was being built. We thought maybe there was a side road that led to the hotel, but instead it took us to an empty parking lot and told us we had arrived at our destination!  After getting better directions from the hotel, we finally made it there!

 The hotel was a Fairfield Inn and it was really nice!  It even had a separate seating area.


 The next morning, we went to IKEA!  We don't have any closer to us than this one, so it's not a place I visit often, but it's fun and has some great deals!



 The upper level of the store has a lot of areas set up like rooms, most of them showing amazing ways to make good use of small spaces.







 I love the kitchen ideas!


The lower level is filled with about anything you might need in your house. This is the plant area; there is a kitchen area, storage, organization, bedding, towels, curtains, lighting, furniture...  They have it all.


 The back seat of the vehicle was filled...



And so was the back section. These are Cheri's - a bookcase and 2 cabinets.
We had lots of fun, got good deals, and were thankful for clear road and no storms!

14 comments:

Lokeish Umak said...

loved the Hotel interior

Hootin Anni said...

I think if all the sisters went, you would have needed a U Haul. What fun!!

Arlene G said...

I am BACK!! I read your blog each day while I was in Chatsworth but I had to be a lurker.lol I have always wanted to visit an IKEA store. I believe there is one in Atlanta. Maybe I can get Marvin to take me and hope we get better directions. That GPS can really be confusing at times!!

Dianna said...

IKEA is one place that I have never been to, but our son and daughter-in-law like going there and have been several times.

I'm glad that you and Cheri had a wonderful time and your accommodations look GREAT...once you finally were able to arrive there. :) Gotta love those GPS helpers.

Sally said...

I'm slightly jealous, Mari. We don't have IKEA here yet, but that's probably a good thing. :)

Glad you had a wonderful time with your sister!

xoxo

Doris said...

Sounds like lots of fun. We have an IKEA store near Philadelphia, I think.....I’ve never been there. Hope to go sometime but I would need to know exactly what I was looking for or I’d be totally overwhelmed. Hobby Lobby overwhelms me! (Apparently it doesn’t take much 😁)

Terri D said...

I quit using my Magellan GPS and only use WAZE on my phone now. Love it and it has never steered me wrong. We have an IKEA in Tampa. Haven't been there 3-4 years though. It is a fun place to wander through! Glad you had fun and got some good deals!

Cherdecor said...

As I read about your GPS taking you to wrong places, I was getting concerned. I am happy that you called the hotel.

I have never been to an IKEA. I never thought I ever wanted any of their things, but after looking at your pictures, hmmm. Maybe I changed my mind. Ha! Ha!

I am glad that Cheri got what she wanted. How did you get out of there without buying a Christmas gift? Hahahaha!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Sister bonding is so special too. Blessings on your week dear Mari xo

Michelle said...

That sounds like so much fun. Nothing like some girl time. I haven't been to an IKEA in a while, but I love their ideas.

Jenny said...

We had that same experience when we got close to our hotel in Atlanta a few years ago, when we went for a Braves game. It was awful. Finally, sitting in a parking lot, we called the hotel and finally arrived but it was too stressful for my taste. Our nearest IKEA is in Charlotte NC but I've never been inside an IKEA store! From what you've shown me, it appears that I would spend too much money, haahaaha! I love that hotel room with the separate sitting area. Good for you and Cheri, getting away from it all for a few days! xoxo

Henny Penny said...

Sounds like a good time. There's just nothing like having a day to spend with your sister.

Saleslady371 said...

Ikea blows my mind. So inspiring to shop there. I like staying in the Fairfield Inns also; they never disappoint. I lost my sister to cancer almost three years ago and I enjoy reading about your sister-time. I can just imagine how much fun you had shopping, dining and traveling together!

LL Cool Joe said...

You can't beat Ikea, but I imagine your hubby isn't too keen on their furniture! A craftsman like him would not approve of their quality!