Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Works for me Wednesday


I shared this last year, but I've enjoyed using it so much, and it's the beginning of a new year so I'm sharing again!
I have a notebook that helps me keep my house clean. I first heard of it when Lyn at Rohal Call started blogging about how helpful it was to her.
I work full time, and hate to spend my day off cleaning the house. Motivated Moms has put together a printable chore list, that breaks down household chores into small tasks which you do every day.
I like having a few things to do and then check off, every day. If I am going to be especially busy or gone, I can work ahead. When I have a day off, I only have a few things to get done. It reminds me to do things I wouldn't do regularly too - like cleaning switchplates and cleaning out my car.
These planners are available in different sizes and styles; you purchase the one you like, download and print it. If you want to see what they look like check them out, here (click on samples at the bottom of the page).
For more tips, visit Kristen at We are THAT Family.

13 comments:

Pat said...

That's a great idea! Does it come with someone to do the chores? That's what I really need! LOL!

Karin said...

Sounds like a great planner! Now that there are just the two of us - my cleaning up routine has changed a bit! Plus, I work only 38.75 in 2 wks.not full time like and that does make it easier.

Unknown said...

That is such a great idea : ) Just a few things a day! Perfect.

Unknown said...

I love the idea but knowing me, I'd put the planner somewhere and totally forget where I put it.

Colleen said...

That sounds like a fabulous idea for getting oragnaized! I find that without the little to-do lists, I get quite lazy actually so a system like this is wonderful!

Thank you for sharing!

Hootin Anni said...

My main chore is to keep FROM doing chores. LOL

No, not really, but I just do them any ol' time...since I don't work.

Your Wednesday ideas are always so great. I remember one in particular, the hot/cold bag to keep foods either cold or hot...I bought several of those at the Dollar Store, and Oh, I remember another that we both use and that's WORKS.

Hope your day goes well Mari.

Karen Hossink said...

Ha! I think about cleaning out my van just about every time I'm in it. But forget about it by the time I get back in the house. *sigh*

Doing things a little at a time really does help!

Lynn said...

Thanks for the shout out! I just purchased mine last week! Glad you like it.

Lisa said...

I've been doing something like this, only a little more "high tech." I have an iPod, and I use a program called "Errands" as my to-do list. I program in the things I need to do each day/week/month, etc, and if it's a job that repeats, I set it to repeat so I don't have to remember it later. Then every evening I can scroll down the to-do list of the next day and get a feel for how my day should be going. I have house cleaning divided up among the days of the week also, even though I am a SAHM. It just makes any given day less overwhelming. I have one day designated for more cleaning than others, but I do some cleaning every day. It is a blessing to be able to be organized in this area!

MFEO2009 said...

oh my goodness, my mom was just telling me about her method of cleaning and it is the same concept. she has a check off list and does a few things a day.
when I was working full-time, i would designate every Saturday as a cleaning day.
now that i have been home for the last few months, i find it easier to have select chores for each day of the week. especially since i still care for my grandma once a week, and try to fit some writing in before i must pick our kids up from school.
i'm going to check that out.
thanks :)

Linda said...

A check off list sounds like something I need and the planner sounds perfect for the working woman! I need to check into this...soon!

Brooke said...

ah the great do a little at a time vs. all in one day debate :P

i like the idea of checking off as you go, and maybe skipping a head a day or two when you have extra time.

Melanie said...

Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Blessings,
Melanie