I was tagged for this Meme by Ginger at Just a Thought and Sandra at Diary of a SAHM. The requirement for this one is to list 5 things I love about Christmas. So here goes:
1. I love the joy and the excitement. People are thinking of others, trying to give gifts that will make someone happy and many are giving gifts and helping out strangers who are in need.
2. I love the smells of Christmas. I love to have my house smell good and often burn candles, but this time of year I do it more often. The smell of pine, bayberry... is a wonderful thing. Of course there are those baking smells too - cookies, fudge. It's all good!
3. Speaking of baking, I love Christmas treats! Those cookies, Christmas mixes and fudge that are only around this time of year are wonderful.
4. I love music and during this season I have Christmas music playing all the time. I enjoy the religious songs, the classic songs and some of those goofy ones too!
5. I love being together with family. We had a party with my Dad's brothers and sisters a week ago and it was nice to see those who I don't see often. It's always fun to gather with my crazy family which we did this past weekend. On Christmas day we will gather with Bob's family and there will be laughter again. This is the first year that our immediate family won't be together as Andy is stationed in South Korea. It just doesn't feel right when one of the family members is missing.
Now I know I was supposed to list 5 things, but there is one thing that is more important than all the rest. Of course that is the birth of Jesus. I'm afraid all those other things often overtake our thoughts and focus but without that babies birth, nothing else would matter!
Now I am supposed to pass this on to 5 others, but since it is so close to Christmas I'll let you choose if this is something you have time to do.
Thanks Ginger and Sandra - this was both fun and thought provoking.