Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday


I know this isn't the normal picture for today, but I had to show you one of the gifts I recently received. My sisters and I exchange gifts at Christmas and this was one of the things Cheri gave me. It will give me lots of new ideas for Thursday's! Just so Terri doesn't think I like Cheri's gift better, I must tell you that she gave me a key chain that will display digital pictures. My sisters know me pretty well!
Now I'll get back to the business at hand. I have a recipe to share from my new cookbook. It sounds like something good for Christmas Eve or Christmas day!
Christmas Wassail
6 inches of stick cinnamon, broken
12 whole cloves
7 cups water
1 12 ounce can frozen cranberry juice cocktail concentrate
1 12 ounce can frozen raspberry juice blend concentrate
1 12 ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
For spice bag, cut a 6 inch square from a double thickness of cheesecloth or use a coffee filter. Place cinnamon and cloves in center and tie with clean kitchen string. In 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine water, juice concentrates, lemon juice and sugar. Add the spice bag to juice mix. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours. Remove the spice bag and discard. Ladle into glasses and enjoy.
For more slow cooking recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.


post signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A digital keychain? That sounds like fun----does it hold multiple photos too?

You know I'll be enjoying in the wealth of Cheri's gift! I love those Thursday slow cooker recipes. :)

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Those are GREAT gifts!!!

Love to use my slow cooker, and how could you go wrong with a digital frame on your key chain!

Very cool!

Megan Cobb said...

Oooh I do enjoy a Sandra Lee recipe. I can't wait to read more on your blog over the next months! :)

sharon brobst said...

THANK YOU MARI!!!! I've been wanting to try and make Wassil but had no idea how or what a good recipe would be!

Anonymous said...

Love thecookbook gift! Great Wassail recipe! Thaanks for sharing.

MJ

Saija said...

i have a digi frame that has changing pics ... they are fun ... :o)

and i love slow cookers ... in our early years, we used ours so much it broke!

Melissa said...

I've never had wassail before! :( I think I shall make some this year...now that I have a recipe for it!

Cheri said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your cookbook!
I'm also enjoying my blanket!

Laura said...

Yum! That does sound good. And probably easy too!

Renee said...

Great gifts! Thre recipe sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try it out!

Merry Christmas!

Sandra said...

Those are great gifts Mari :)

What a great recipe, I can't wait to try it :)

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Hugs,
Sandra

BTW, I think I thanked you already but just in case, thank you for the christmas card, I love it :)