Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Cooking Thursday

Do you like Fajita's?  I'm a big fan, so when I saw this recipe, I wanted to try it.  I got it from Jan at The Low Carb Diabetic, where she and her husband Eddie posted recipes that were healthy and good too.  Eddie recently passed away and Jan is missing him, but continuing his mission of posting healthy recipes.
This turned out really good; kind of like a burrito bowl with fajita flavors! It reheats really well too.
I had to Americanize it; change things from grams...  so here is what worked for me.



Fajita Chicken and Rice

1 cup rice
2 chicken breast, cut into cubes
2 peppers; color of your choice, cut into strips
2 onions, cut into strips
5 tomatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon dried garlic
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 envelop fajita seasoning
2 1/4 cup water
Stir together chicken, peppers, onions and black beans.  Add garlic and fajita seasoning and stir.  Add tomatoes, rice and water, and stir gently.
Pour into 9x13 pan, cover tightly with foil and place into preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.  Remove foil and place in oven for another 30 minutes.
May serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.

No comments: