Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Cooking Thursday

I like sheet pan meals.  They are usually so quick to put together and I haven't had a bad one yet!  Here's one I made a few weeks ago that was a hit. It has both chicken and kielbasa in it, which Bob really liked, but you could do it with just one meat if you wanted.



Sweet and Sour Sheet Pan Meal

1 pound chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 package kielbasa, cut into rounds
2 green peppers, sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 can pineapple, drained
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 jar sweet and sour sauce

Place all ingredients except the sweet and sour sauce and pineapple into a bowl and stir until everything is well coated.
Place on sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Then put pineapple pieces over everything and bake another 10 minutes.
Top with the sweet and sour sauce and serve over rice.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks Lucious, and also so colorful!

Debby said...

My husband would love this!

Catherine said...

Very quick and tasty!🤤

Chatty Crone said...

I like the two meat idea - it seems easy and it looks beautiful!

The Happy Whisk said...

Excellent knife cuts on the veg. Last night I did a skillet meal. Tray bake and sheet meals are wonderful as well. Something nice about them.

Prims By The Water said...

So do you heat the sweet and sour sauce before adding it in. Will have to try this...but never have been good at those sheet pan recipes for some reason. Janice

Dianna said...

Thank you for the recipe, Mari. I need to add two items to the grocery list, and we will definitely be having this next week! Love your recipes! xx

Mari said...

Janice - I didn't heat my sweet and sour sauce. I just poured it over the meat and veggies and it warmed quickly.

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness! I'm sure that was so tasty :)

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

This sounds (and looks) delicious! I saved it!! Thanks, Mari!

Miss Merry said...

Looks delicious!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I must take your lead and do more sheet pan meals too!

Lucinalva said...

Bom dia, Mari
Ótima receita, passando por aqui para conhecer o seu blog, gostei muito, um forte abraço.

Kim said...

My girls would love this...sending it to them now! Thanks!